Stupid CanAbort Flag

Help?

Well, I was experimenting with missions recently, and and foolishly put A129 in the OnAbort field of mission 129. Oops. Now when I attempt to get the stupid thing to go away, Nova crashes. This is on OS X 10.4.1 (haven't updated to 10.4.2 yet). So I figure, "okay, I'll just make another mission with F129 in its OnAccept field". Stupid me again. I had forgotten that failed missions with CanAbort set will stay until aborted or "finished". To make matters worse, I didn't set a ReturnStel. Soo...

Is there something I can do about this, or will I have to recreate my pilot from the log? I can't stand to see that little dot all the time.

This post has been edited by orcaloverbri9 : 05 August 2005 - 01:48 AM

You were testing plugs with a real pilot?

Well... if you actually have plugging skills... you could just scrap the pilot and build a mission or two to completely recreate it.

A129 in the onfail of 129 causes it to crash? I never knew that...
See what happens if you use S129 to start a new mission 129 without that. Maybe having two on at once will trick it into working, but i wouldnt count on it (its definitely possible to force start two different missions with the same ID).

Theres no way to pass the mission either? I suppose if you've already force failed it, its too late for that.

Well, actually, I wasn't testing per se; I wasn't happy with my current configuration, so I made a plug-in to remove all my outfits and botched it.

I didn't think it would either, but it could well be a Tiger thing. And yes, I could do that, but I was wondering if there was another way. I'll give the S129 trick a shot.

If there was a way to pass it, I would have done it already.

EDIT: Nope, didn't work. I guess I'll just rebuild my pilot.

This post has been edited by orcaloverbri9 : 05 August 2005 - 05:10 AM

Make sense, I guess. It gets stuck in an infinite loop. You tell it to abort the mission so it runs the onabort script which tells it to abort the mission so it runs the onabort script which tells it to abort the mission...

Have you tried taking out the A129 of the onabort field and then using another mission to abort 129?

Can't. The engine doesn't look at the actual resource once the mission starts. Changing it does nothing.

I never knew that. Well, that explains a lot. I'm outa ideas, sorry.

Yeah, just rebuild the pilot. Thats too bad, but very interesting. We should email pipe with this and the map bug. Whoever does, mention it here so he doesnt get 4 identical emails (as if anyone would actually mail him...)

I've sent the map bug (been sending numerous engine bugs to novabugs - you getting these pipe or was that just a temporary address?).

It's okay, I already remade it from the log. 🙂

EDIT: That was in response to Ephialtes's most recent post.

This post has been edited by orcaloverbri9 : 05 August 2005 - 08:55 PM