Ares and EV

Crossover plugin?

I was just thinking about what could be interesting as a plugin for EVN. The trouble is, all the immediate ideas have already been done - Star Trek, Star Wars etc. Then I remembered Ares (if you haven't played it and you're a mac player, try it. If you're PC, weep - I did when I lost access to a mac with Ares on). Surely Ares would make an ideal plugin - you've got a general universe outline from the mission briefings, plenty of ship designs and races...
Has anyone ever floated an idea for this before? Left to my own devices, I'd probably be already working on it (if I could get the damned spobs to work for me) if, as I already mentioned, I no longer had access to the game.
Does anyone else out there think that this could be a good idea?

Its a good idea, but I don't think Ares has enough information about its universe to make an entire plugin off of.

Good idea, but you need to invent a bit... or have a chat with the author.

EDIT: And there are only 20 systems, with way too many planets.

This post has been edited by The Apple Cřre : 01 August 2005 - 09:03 PM

There actually was an Ares plugin being made at one point-however, it was dropped.

For the stuff you don't know, you make up-it wouldn't be that hard, although a bit troublesome here and there perhaps.

-Bob

Just make sure you don't contradict yourself. That gets annoying when people do that.

If you're looking to go the opposite direction (that is, EV onto Ares), Madfax (I think it was Madfax) created an Ares scenario called Ares Override. Basically EVO in Ares.

Ragashingo/Skyblade made it, Madfax marketed it-although I believe Madfax was making one at some point.

-Bob

Didn't it get abandoned prior to being finished?

...I remember the days when I used to think the game was called "Arse". Suffering from dialsexy is fun; if confusing at points...

Thanks for the input. I always knew that some imagination would be required (particularly for the Salrillian, Elejeetian etc. systems), but I would have thought that there's enough there to start with, at least.

Like I said before, though, I don't actually have Ares at the moment. So, as Jar-Jar might say, Any help here would be hot.

...is that before or after he says "Yousa tinkin yousa people gonna DIE?"

Consul Bob, on Aug 3 2005, 11:39 PM, said:

Ragashingo/Skyblade made it, Madfax marketed it-although I believe Madfax was making one at some point.

-Bob
View Post

I'm fairly certain it started out as Madfax's project several years ago.

The real deal: There were two separate projects, Madfax's was started first but I believe it was not being worked on or something. Me and Captain Skyblade started a second project. We eventually realized the Madfax had started down this line first and contacted him. Basically we joined forces with him, so that there was only a single Ares Override project.

Hudson, on Aug 4 2005, 08:53 AM, said:

...is that before or after he says "Yousa tinkin yousa people gonna DIE?"
View Post

Ugh. Not that again <_<

tycho61uk, on Aug 4 2005, 06:02 PM, said:

Ugh. Not that again <_<
View Post

My point exactly.