Making the images of the planets

With something that isn't lunarcell

Are there any good planet developing tools out there besides lunarcell? I wants more control over the coastlines but I don't want to do the whole thing by hand.

=Divals

Yeh. Seriously, you wouldn't believe some of the stuff our planet guy has produced...

Yeah, talk Matt Walk or our own Ferrous Leader Nick about planets and Photoshop...

Twitchy, will that tutorial you have there work for PS 6.5?

=Divals

I thought I heard my name echoing around the EVDC. In essence Adobe Photoshop is the best you can get as far as I know. You can find tutorials on how to make planets here, don't worry if the tutorial was done in Photoshop 6 or 7, I've done tutorials from Photoshop 6 with Photoshop CS, you'll still be able to do it. One of these days I'm going to create a walkthrough (not a tutorial mind you) to give people tips, ideas, inspiration on planet creation. Don't get hooked on tutorials, read the tutorials and gather bits and pieces of information from each one and create your own method of planet creation.

Righto, Matt..

Heh, never thought I'd be taking art advice from you 😛

=Divals

Oh I can teach a lot of you whipper snappers a lot!! </old_man>

"</old_man>"? You're younger than my younger (soon-to-be-ex) step-daughter.

Yes, Divals, it can, and like this kid said, don't just rely on the tutorial, learn from the techniques.

razza frazza punk kids fraggum work professionally in Photoshop daily razza frazza

I find it funny that one of Matt's interests is Greg Martin. It makes me think about whether he's got some kind of sexual identity crisis.

Anaxagoras, on Jul 21 2005, 06:29 PM, said:

I find it funny that one of Matt's interests is Greg Martin. It makes me think about whether he's got some kind of sexual identity crisis.
View Post

Posted Image

What the hell?

It the rolly eyes emotion silly

What the heck?

1. This is off topic.
  2. Greg Martin is great but I don't want to marry him. Greg Martin, Gary Tonge and Hudson just happen to be role models of mine.
  3. I have no identity crisis, I know exactly who I am and who I want to become.

This post has been edited by Matthew Walk : 22 July 2005 - 12:28 AM

Anaxagoras, on Jul 21 2005, 11:29 PM, said:

View Post

You, sir, have reached a new pinnacle (or should I say, nadir?) of meaninglessness.

Yeh.

IIRC, LunarCell is a Photoshop plug-in, so you'll have the tools nonetheless (i.e. a competent version of Photoshop). It's up to you as to how much effort you want to put into making your planets look good. As well, the differences between older versions of Photoshop shouldn't make too much of a difference- I've seen amazing work from people using 6.5.

UE_Research & Development, on Jul 22 2005, 05:56 AM, said:

I've seen amazing work from people using 6.5.

Not just 6.5. I'm on Photoshop Elements 2, and my planets look almost as good. Maybe not at full size, but ingame, you can't tell the difference.

This post has been edited by nuku : 22 July 2005 - 09:44 AM

UE_Research & Development, on Jul 22 2005, 08:56 AM, said:

You, sir, have reached a new pinnacle (or should I say, nadir?) of meaninglessness.
View Post

Yeah, I was kinda aiming for that.