EVN making ships

I need help on progams to make ships

Can you help me? I desperetly want to make ships, and I know how to, but i need the programs! Please, if you knoe how to make ships, tell me the programs i need and where to get them!

Take a look through the Escape Velocity Dev. Corner board and you'll find at least a couple topics that should assist you.

Hi Tom, and welcome to the webboards!

This discussion really should be in the Developer's Corner, and don't be surprised if a moderator moves it over there, but since you asked:

check out post #2 in this link. It contains links to several helpful sites.

The specific programs you need will depend on your platform (Mac or Windoze) as well as your pocketbook. (there are some truly AWESOME graphics packages in the $7000 dollar range 😛 )

I personally reccomend Wings3d or Mechanisto for starters. (they're free and you'd be surprised at their capabilities). A good rule of thumb is to start with smaller, less capable programs and upgrade as your abilities outgrow the programs.

If you need a tutorial in plug development check out this link. It's a guide called Tutorials in S, found on the add-ons page. It also contains a tutorial on ship-making.

I'm also including a link to a site called Tycho's Repository.. If you decide to look into Mechanisto, this is a VERY helpful site.

That's about it for now. You have several links and some (not so) light reading ahead of you. If you have any further questions, feel free to PM me. Again, welcome!

Flyboy

Yep, moving this to the EV Developers' Corner.

Thanks. You wont BElIEVE how much ive wanted to do this. Again, thanks!java script:emoticon(':)')