Plug-in Request

This also might help with EV3D

Are any of you familiar with HomeWorld??

Its a 3D Strategy game where you are a mothership and you have to gather recources to build other ships and you use those other ships to attack your opponent .. it has a great single player mode and multiplayer as well..

But what i was wondering is if someone could make a 2D version of these ships so that i could use them in Nova.....
http://well-of-souls.com/homeworld/hws/tai...vy_cruiser1.gif
that is a link to a pic of the HeavyCruiser one of the stronger ships in the game .. if your interested in this and need more pics of the ships email me @ Styvenson06@hotmaail.com

Also this is a 3D game and i sort of read the other post about making EV3D and i figured this would be a good game to look at to see what would be needed to be done to achieve 3D

Also this is a 3D game and i sort of read the other post about making EV3D and i figured this would be a good game to look at to see what would be needed to be done to achieve 3D
View Post

It's not that 3d can't be done, it's just that it won't. Read a few more topics. You'll eventually get it. EV is meant to be 2d. That's what makes it EV. Now, I have to go to bed. It's 5am here.

EVplayer Posted Jul 5 2005, 09:00 AM Styvenson06@hotmaail.com

Have u really got ur email in hotmaail? I guess it's hotmail... U should not write wrong in these places.. Peace

This post has been edited by Zealot : 12 July 2005 - 01:55 AM

nuku, on Jul 11 2005, 08:58 AM, said:

It's not that 3d can't be done, it's just that it won't. Read a few more topics. You'll eventually get it. EV is meant to be 2d. That's what makes it EV. Now, I have to go to bed. It's 5am here.
View Post

I think he means that he wants it from 3d to 2d, not the reverse. TWO DEE. not THREE DEE

I think you missed nuku's point.

The author of this topic seemed to assume that Nova will not be made 3D because Matt isn't capable. He was saying it's just that it won't be done, rather than Matt being unable to do it. His post was totally unrelated to Homeworld.

orcaloverbri9, on Jul 14 2005, 04:06 PM, said:

The author of this topic seemed to assume that Nova will not be made 3D because Matt isn't capable. He was saying it's just that it won't be done, rather than Matt being unable to do it. His post was totally unrelated to Homeworld.
View Post

Guys, guys!

EV 3D was made back when EVN was being made...

It was tested by ATMOS, Matt, and Andrew. They said it just wasn't Escape Velocity...
In short, it sucked.

As a matter of fact, Matt made a freeware game called ExoBattle. It's 3D, multiplayer, simple, and the factory texture on your ship is that of an EVC manta.

... and, yeah, it isn't EV (and wasn't supposed to be, beyond the Manta textures).

Several people say they are working on EVIV. Somebody else has a better list than I do, so don't ask me about joining them. And don't dig up my EVIV topic.