Slaughtered Mac Testers Required

Small add-on for EVN Override

Slaughtered Std was made using Mission Computer 3.0.2 by David Arthur and Nova Tools by Rodger and Dr Ralph Sutherland.

This plug-in includes the following:

Extra Outfits created by Martin Harding (MadFax7@hotmail.com)

Extra Weapons created by Martin Harding (MadFax7@hotmail.com)

Strange Asteroid created by David Arthur (davidarthur@evula.net)

Slaughtered Std started out as a simple add-on plug-in to EV Nova Override which was simply going to alter the rate of fire (reload) of the Voinian Neutron Turret so that it actually housed two cannons as shown in the shipyard graphic.

The plug-in quickly expanded when my favourite EV Override plug-ins Extra Outfits, Extra Weapons and Strange Asteroid were incorporated.

Slaughtered Std now includes:
47 extra outfits including all of those from Extra Outfits
17 extra weapons including all of those from Extra Weapons
42 extra ships all of which are variants
512 extra systems of which most are variations activated according to the player's progress
62 extra missions

Slaughtered Std follows the Turret guidelines from EVO 1.0.0 and 1.0.1 allowing the player to have the maximum possible guns and turrets. A turret does not take up a gun slot as in EVO 1.0.2

Other changes to the game include the following:
UE Shuttle now has an escape pod as standard to cater for Strict Play
Neutron Turret now houses 2 cannons
All weapons fire twice as fast which more closely matches EVO Classic
Needle Missiles more closely match their behaviour in EVO Classic
Pursuit Missiles avoid asteroids as they are supposed to and more closely match their behaviour in EVO Classic
All ships now have Armor regeneration which they have in EVO Classic

This plug-in will not be released to the general public until I have been given final approval by Martin Harding - MadFax7 and David Arthur to incorporate their plugs in this add-on.

Afterburner (xmz77@optusnet.com.au)

This post has been edited by Afterburner : 03 July 2005 - 04:29 PM

I'm happy to test. I've just started working on my own little patch for EVO a couple of days ago - nothing big, just little changes here and there. I can tell you some errors in the port if you like.

(quote name='Guy' date='Jun 27 2005, 07:44 AM')
I'm happy to test. I've just started working on my own little patch for EVO a couple of days ago - nothing big, just little changes here and there. I can tell you some errors in the port if you like.

Thanks Guy! I'd appreciate your help.

The plug-in missions only really kick in after the player has completed all of the following:
A) the Paaren Station set of missions ('Transport Defector to <DST>') (b108)
B) the Anna Balashova set of missions ('Investigate Abduction') (b6 b115)
C) the UE missions including - 'Destroy Voinian Dreadnought' (b116)
and 'Attack Avann' (b13)
D) the Emalgha missions including - 'Attack Romit' (b129)
(all the Emalgha and UE set of missions up to 'Make Contact With Hinwar')
E) the Zacha set of missions up to and including 'Test New Gunship'
F) the Miranu and MTA set of missions including 'Diplomatic Relations' and also
'Miranu Delivery to <DST>'
G) the NPD set of missions including 'Explore the Ji Nebula' (b159)

The following NCBs must be set before the player is offered the first of the extra missions
(b108 & b6 & b115 & b116 & b13 & b16 & b140 & b159) & !(b130 | b229)

The plug is supposed to give the player more missions in the later part of the game as I felt the UE string finished too soon after the 'Make Contact with Hinwar' mission. More missions are offered to the player before the Hinwar set becomes available.

The plug also offers more missions for the Miranu and Emalgha after the Hinwar set is completed by the player.

I'm concerned with the following:
A) Are the UE warship variants too well armed as to make them invincible?
B) Does the Rotary Cannon have too much duration? Do the shells travel too far?
C) Should I create a few Voinian variants with Pursuit Missiles - eg Voinian Arada with Pursuit
D) Do the variants offer too much mass space available?
Variant Type 1 has on average 10 to 20% extra total mass depending on the size of the ship
Variant Type 2 has on average 20 to 30% extra total mass depending on the size of the ship
Variant Type 3 has on average 30 to 40% extra total mass depending on the size of the ship
These values have already been lowered from those in Slaughtered EX
E) Is the size of the plug too large? Many of the descriptions and missions etc from the original data files were copied across to make it easier during the creation of the plug.
E) And of course any possible BUGS / Faults /Errors / Anomalies etc.

I've made it easier for the testers to get started by offering an obscene amount of money for the 'UE Shipping: Recruitment' mission.

Send an eMail to me at xmz77@optusnet.com.au and I'll send you a copy of the plug.

Thanks for your help.

This post has been edited by Afterburner : 27 June 2005 - 04:36 AM

I've always wanted to see (or maybe do) EVO ship varients, I used to have a list of what kind of varients I've came up with, mostly with the UE ships.

Voinian Arada? How did that happen?

(quote name='Coraxus' date='Jul 3 2005, 03:10 PM')
I've always wanted to see (or maybe do) EVO ship varients, I used to have a list of what kind of varients I've came up with, mostly with the UE ships.

Voinian Arada? How did that happen?

---------------

Hi Coraxus

The Voinains and the North Tip Renegades develop a trading relationship.

The standard Voinain Arada is a killer even without Pursuit Missiles.

Send me an eMail if you'd like to test the Plug-In.

So far it's being tested in Mac OS 8.6 , 9.1 , 9.2.2 , 10.2.8 , 10.3.8 and 10.3.9.
I'm still looking for more testers.

regards
Afterburner

But this is talking about expansion that continues from an Override main thread, right? Or is it just the normal balanced galaxy without the player having to tip the balance of power?

(quote name='Coraxus' date='Jul 3 2005, 09:58 PM')
But this is talking about expansion that continues from an Override main thread, right? Or is it just the normal balanced galaxy without the player having to tip the balance of power?

------------

Hi Coraxus

Slaughtered is an expansion that extends some of the Override threads.

The Zacha / Miranu, UE and Emalgha threads are extended.
The Voinian thread will also be extended in the near future.

The player will encounter changes in the types of ships present in systems as new ships (variants) become available to the player and to other governments.

I wanted technology changes to become apparent throughout the different regions as progress is made by a government or by the player. In the UE and Emalgha threads the Voinains acquire new technology from the North tip Renegades through their trading agreement. This of course, has an adverse effect on the UE and Emalgha and the player helps to rebalance the forces.

The player will also encounter new variant ships in the relevant systems as he/she progresses through the Strand thread of their choice. I wanted to have thread changes reflected in the game.

I expected to see some changes made to the UE warships after Paaren Station was completed, with some AI controlled UE warships being fitted with Neutron cannons or turrets for example.
After having to create from 2 to 8 different variations of a single system that represent all of the possible/different paths that the player could take through the game, I now realize why it wasn't incorporated into the original scenario.

regards
Afterburner

This post has been edited by Afterburner : 06 July 2005 - 06:13 AM

This is a plug for the EVO total conversion for EVN, right? If it is, I will test it.
I have Nova 1.0.8 on Mac 10.3.9 (Panther)

(quote name='FedKiller' date='Jul 6 2005, 03:29 PM')
This is a plug for the EVO total conversion for EVN, right? If it is, I will test it.
I have Nova 1.0.8 on Mac 10.3.9 (Panther)

-----------

Hi FedKiller,

Yes, it's a plug for the EVO total conversion for EVN - ( NOVA Override ).

Send me an eMail as I won't upload it to an FTP site until I've been given final permission by
Martin Harding to use his plugs.

David Arthur has graciously given permission to use his plug 'Strange Asteroid' in Slaughtered.

regards,
Afterburner xmz77@optusnet.com.au

I also would like to test, if possible.

I like Override, but the storylines stop too abruptly. It will be nice to see what happens next.

Crusader