Map Editor for Windows Nova

Is there one?

I'm curious as to whether or not there is a Map Editor for WinNova? It really sucks having to punch in essentially random/guessed XY coordinates in EVNEW.
A decent Map Editor would be as follows:
Click a point, it creates a system.
Click another point, get another system.
Select one point, shift click the second, hyperlink get made.
Double click a system, new window opens of empty system.
Select an item from a pallet (planet, station, roids, gate) and click where you want it. Double click an item, lets you select the graphic, desc, sound etc.

Does anything even a little like this exist for windows?

ASH

Not that I know of. There was one for EVC, but it was very unstable.

Sorry!

There is. It's called EVN: Cartographer, but it relies on the .NET Framework, and I personally have found it to be quite unstable.

You guys RULE ! Thanks for the quick reply(s)

You know, I remember using the EVC editor on my G3 <sigh>

ASH

The Real Darth Bob, on Jun 1 2005, 09:29 PM, said:

There is. It's called EVN: Cartographer, but it relies on the .NET Framework, and I personally have found it to be quite unstable.
View Post

Oh yeah, I remember now.

Never could get it to work.

pp0u20e8, on Jun 1 2005, 08:15 PM, said:

Not that I know of. There was one for EVC, but it was very unstable.

Sorry!
View Post

There was a Windoze map editor for Classic?

Whaaa?

Hamster, on Jun 1 2005, 06:57 PM, said:

There was a Windoze map editor for Classic?

Whaaa?
View Post

I'm pretty sure that he meant for macs. There was definetly one for MacEVC.

ASH

P.S. After creating three or four tester universe/maps today, I can definetly say that cartogropher works very well.

P.P.S. The hardest part is thinking of names for 100's of unique systems :blink:

The Real Darth Bob, on Jun 1 2005, 12:29 PM, said:

View Post

😞
makes a note

This post has been edited by Artanis : 02 June 2005 - 03:03 AM

ZX99 - ASH, on Jun 2 2005, 06:31 PM, said:

View Post

Considering that the original EV and EV:Override were only ever released for Mac I'd assume that the plugin tools were mac only 😉

Artanis, on Jun 2 2005, 03:03 AM, said:

😞
makes a note
View Post

Awww, I didn't mean to be mean. I guess I'm spoiled by how good iNova's editor was in the Alpha versions. 😛

ZX99 - ASH, on Jun 2 2005, 06:31 AM, said:

P.P.S. The hardest part is thinking of names for 100's of unique systems :blink:
View Post

Name generators.

😉

ZX99 - ASH, on Jun 2 2005, 01:31 AM, said:

Maybe you people ae a little behind, but there are two for all three games, two for EVC, and and for EVO. That makes four for EVC, three for EVO, and two for EVN. So how the hell is any of this relevant?

The Real Darth Bob, on Jun 2 2005, 04:10 PM, said:

Awww, I didn't mean to be mean. I guess I'm spoiled by how good iNova's editor was in the Alpha versions. 😛
View Post

Don't take it wrong, I didn't see that as mean. I simply don't want my stuff to be unstable, it makes me sad. The note was to remind me to work it, to try and iron out bugs.