Weapon Plug Help

Hamster, on May 31 2005, 07:01 AM, said:

You could create a weapon graphic that looked like a beam, and then you could make it any shape you wanted to, just so long as the base of the beam was the rotation point.

This spin could be used as a weapon graphic with no speed, and a life of one frame. You would have a pick-shaped beam, useful for point defense, and buffeting away fighters. 🙂
View Post

thanks you everyone. By the way hamster with that pick shaped beam wouldn't the middle part do the damage not the "pick" part. Even if it does only do damage there it would be appreciated if you could tell me how to get that graphic onto my beam.

Also if you could tell me how to add an outfit pic using a .blend file, EVNEW and a windows that would be helpful too.

Thanks

Eragon, on Jun 1 2005, 07:40 AM, said:

Also if you could tell me how to add an outfit pic using a .blend file, EVNEW and a windows that would be helpful too.
View Post

Render the image in blender as 32x32 from whatever angle you like, save it as a bitmap (you need to configure this before rendering in the render settings area), then use EVNEW to add the image you've rendered.

blackhole, on May 31 2005, 12:12 PM, said:

Render the image in blender as 32x32 from whatever angle you like, save it as a bitmap (you need to configure this before rendering in the render settings area), then use EVNEW to add the image you've rendered.
View Post

Thanks but im not quite sure how to choose the size or the rendering or how to change it to bitmap or how to insert it into EVNEW.

Thanks

I'm still tackling Blender too... that thing has the wonkiest render interface ever...

And I thought that weapon graphics would hit so long as the area masked contacted the area masked on a ship. If someone could clarify, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks but also could you tell me how to use that spin you posted on my weapon?

Not really, since EVNEW runs on windoze, what with me using a Mac and all.

Try looking through the menu for an import command.

That, or open up the rlëD resource thing, and see if you can import from there.

Thanks il try to find something.

Thanks

By the way I made a different plug and my outfit pictures have two problems. The first is that they only take up the whole large pictue not the small one and second that the outfits have no name in the outfitter il post the plug here please help.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Eragon : 01 June 2005 - 06:22 AM

I'm not sure what you mean with the first problem but I'd suggest cropping your images to the proper size (200x200). As for the names, you need to enter them into the naming fields within the resources.