EVDC Wiki

Why are there two links for the desc and outf guides? And why does the project management page not mention the author anywhere?

NebuchadnezzaR, on May 18 2005, 08:04 PM, said:

But you cant just figure it out dry. Theres no manual whatsoever.
View Post

Guy, on May 18 2005, 08:41 PM, said:

Why are there two links for the desc and outf guides? And why does the project management page not mention the author anywhere?
View Post

Both things that need fixing. 🙂

Eh?

zapp, on May 18 2005, 05:13 AM, said:

I may seem alittle noobish by asking this, but: what's a Wiki?
View Post

I couldn't resist replying with this link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiki

This is a public request for the EVDC wiki:

In the near future, I will be going through the dev board to find any hacks, ideas, tools etc... for the wiki. If anyone wants to:

A: Add a topic for wikification

B: Assist in the mining of the devboard, please let me know.

Progress has been made on the wiki but there is still a lot of work to be done.

Thank you for your time.

i will be more involved in this and other projects, as soon as school ends.

@Neb: if you know HTML you can use that (both HTML and XHTML are fine). If not here's the Metawiki's info about it http://meta.wikimedi...ki/Help:Editing

Guy, on May 18 2005, 08:41 PM, said:

View Post

Sorry for the double post,

This was when i was originally putting them in. I had put them under annotated guide X then I thought to make the Annotated Guide category so I moved them to Desc and Outf and when you move an article it creates redirects on the pages you moved from.

nfreader, on May 21 2005, 10:13 PM, said:

This is a public request for the EVDC wiki:

In the near future, I will be going through the dev board to find any hacks, ideas, tools etc... for the wiki. If anyone wants to:

A: Add a topic for wikification

B: Assist in the mining of the devboard, please let me know.View Post

I feel obligated to point out the Cool Nova Hacks thread, which contains quite a few links to old and new hacks. If you've already gone through this, sorry. If not, then it's just one more proof that stickied threads are invisible. 🙂

Edwards

Actually, the very thought of going through that topic hadn't begun to to even think about crossing my mind. Thanks for the tip. 🙂

Well, well, well, I’ve been out of the loop for some time (only doing the bare minimum and checking topics I posted in), so I did not post in this topic before.

First, I'm awfully sorry, but I’m firewalled to death (I access the ’Net from school), so I can’t access the Wiki ~at all~. I don’t even know what it looks like. But I’m glad my guides are linked from there! I’ve not specified any licensing on them, just that once I said (approximately...) that:
- you can modify them, both in form (say, reformat them in HTML) and in essence
- you have to make you mods available to everyone else, that is, your version can be copied again and modified by others.
- I have to be credited; you can take credit for your modifications, but you have to mention that you modified from an original.

I think the GNU Free Documentation License can apply, in particular (I use Free software, gcc on OSX to compile my stuff to begin with, so I know about it already as I read its documentation). So you're free to copy-paste my work there if you find it convenient! I just ask that you link to the place I'm gathering them in right now, Bomb’s Plug-in Guide, as well.

I’m less active right now than I was, primairly because I want to push my guides on their new place, and I can do that only while I’m on the ’Net, while I could easily write all the annotated templates from anywhere and at any time (say, in August in vacation), as long as I have my iBook. So while I’m bothered at home (especially on weekends), I fire up Project Builder and code, primairly on ViewRLE right now.

By the way, thanks for expressing the desire for me to be a mod! I'm honored. Just know that I don’t think I would like to actually moderate a board such as the EVDC, I think it would be too much work and responsibilities, second, just as long as there would be a mod to (administrally) manage my stuff at Bomb’s Plug-in Guide (say, sticky the topics, and other such stuff...), I’ll be satisfied, so this mod may or may not be me. I don’t really have ambitions.

This post has been edited by Zacha Pedro : 30 May 2005 - 09:03 AM