Timed HyperGate Access

Hamster, on May 25 2005, 05:01 PM, said:

Sweeet. You have an awesome avatar, btw.

EDIT: I ported a quick mac version of that plug, to let the mac users have a go at it. Didn't change anything else: Right-Click and Save

Irony at its best...

NebuchadnezzaR, on May 26 2005, 11:30 PM, said:

Or, just put Qxxx in the onend field, where str# xxx contains any number of messages, one of which would then be selected randomly and displayed at the bottom of the screen when the timer runs out. Its unfortunately rather easy to go unnoticed.

So add a Pxxx to play a "look at the screen mother######er!" sound. 😉

I played a little in Photoshop today and came up with an acceptable (at least to me) graphic based upon the fed licenses. I'll post it here (or at least I'll try) for your inspection ZX99-Ash.
If you like it, feel free to use it. Happy to help. I'll agree though that the text isn't perfect. It's in JPEG format, but if you have Photoshop, you should be able to convert it to a Pict Resource. Any changes you'd like, let me know either by posting here or PM.

Side Note: A friend clued me in to a cool way to get screen shots on a Mac: press and hold apple+shift+4; while still holding, click and drag on the section of screen you'd like a shot of (it won't draw a bounding box, so it's kind of a best-guess thing); then let everything go. If you've done it right, you'll hear a shutter sound, and the picture will be saved to your main computer drive(not the desktop) as "Picture1". These can then be loaded into your favorite graphics editor.

I'm probably the last to know about this little trick, but I'll post it anyway for people who haven't discovered it yet. It is,by the way, how I got the graphic for the open hypergate on the pass.

Hope this helps.

Duh!!! forgot the attachment. Blonde moment!! :blink:

Here it is:Attached File hgpass.jpg (39.76K)
Number of downloads: 33

Much better than mine, Ill use that i think.
Thanks Much

ASH

Flyboy, on May 29 2005, 05:32 AM, said:

Side Note: A friend clued me in to a cool way to get screen shots on a Mac: press and hold apple+shift+4; while still holding, click and drag on the section of screen you'd like a shot of (it won't draw a bounding box, so it's kind of a best-guess thing); then let everything go. If you've done it right, you'll hear a shutter sound, and the picture will be saved to your main computer drive(not the desktop) as "Picture1". These can then be loaded into your favorite graphics editor.

I'm probably the last to know about this little trick, but I'll post it anyway for people who haven't discovered it yet. It is,by the way, how I got the graphic for the open hypergate on the pass.
View Post

You don't have to keep holding the keys - if you let them go it should show the bounding box. Also if you hit spacebar before making a selection (or caps-lock on OS 9) you'll get object capture where you can click on a window or other object to capture just that.

To add to that, if you hold control, it will copy it to the clipboard rather than making a PDF/PNG (OS X, varying by version) or PICT (OS 9). Plus, Apple-shift-3 will capture the entire screen as if you had dragged from the top-left to the bottom-right. "Control-capture" also works. If you want, you can even look at the Grab utility if you have OS X, which offers a couple more advanced features such as timed capture (and it has a bounding box with a size tag, two big plusses right there).