Hostile Waters

I could only find one screen shot.

Tell me, do you plan to include fish, or ship debris, etc.

I had once thought of something like this, but didnt have the expertice to even try. I also didnt think anyone would even approciate it if I did know how; so I tossed this thought in the bin. I look foward to seeing this made. How big are you planning to make this?
Cheers.

You could add fish Via asteroids- change the graphic, and thus you have fisherman "mining" fish, and thus adding a new layer of depth to said project.

Just an Idea. Keep up the good work!

-H^3

Holy Hand Grenade, on Apr 22 2005, 11:30 AM, said:

You could add fish Via asteroids- change the graphic, and thus you have fisherman "mining" fish, and thus adding a new layer of depth to said project.
Just an Idea. Keep up the good work!

-H^3
View Post

There's a school of fish! Manthe deck guns! Boom Boom kaBOOM!

-dead fishies float to the surface-

Now that's the way to go fishing...

More like have a weapon that shoots fishing nets...

Would submunitions with a subtheta of 180 mean the weapon would shoot back to the ship? Because if the asteroids (aka fish) don't have any explosion effect, you could have two sprites - fishing net (empty) and fishing net (full) - equip the fishing boats with a weapon that shoots at short range a fishing net (empty) and that makes the asteroids-come-fish disappear and submunition a fishing net (full) back to the ship which disappears.

Yeah, you could do that. It would require 2 subs with subtheta of -180 but they should appear on top of each other so you won't notice there's 2.

(EDIT): Wait, that should be -360 not -180.

This post has been edited by Guy : 24 April 2005 - 05:33 PM

This is looking nice. And now Mantaray's got some competition that seems to know what it's doing.

Just a thought: if you want planes that can go over the islands, put a deadly stellar resistance outfit on them. Just throwing things out there

Hrm... planes. Good idea.

You should implement planes, and surface to air missiles that can only hit the planes, if that's possible. I presume Hostile Waters is set in older times, yes?

Oh, and can we have an updated screenshot? I really want to see these waves.

Keldor Sarn, on Apr 22 2005, 03:10 PM, said:

There's a school of fish! Manthe deck guns! Boom Boom kaBOOM!

-dead fishies float to the surface-
Now that's the way to go fishing...
View Post

Haha

What about an outift that animates a net being thrown and pulled back in? It would fire at a 90 degree angle to the ship and destroy the group of fish in one hit... course it would have to not be destroyed on impact...

Steelix, on Apr 28 2005, 09:43 AM, said:

You should implement planes, and surface to air missiles that can only hit the planes, if that's possible.
View Post

Totally possible..

• Ships have 0 shields and a normal amount of armor.
• Aircraft have a normal amount of shields and 1 unit of armor.
• Ship-to-air/air-to-air weapons cause a normal amount of damage to shields and at least one armor damage (not enough to be very effective against ships in most cases).
• All other weapons do 0 shield damage and a normal amount of armor damage.

Or, you could make aircraft untargetable, and make all anti-air weaponry point defense.

Or if you don't have any destroyable stellars you could make aircraft and anti-air weapons planet-type.

At some point, we decided not to use planes. Can't remember why though.

<_< I really need Epeditious Execution to join here