Kontik Research Front

So that's why... again.

Instead of sending PM's wouldn't it be better to post it so everyone can go to the KRF?

Me and Steelix are actually considering of going back to his IPB board (I loved that more than I ever loved the freenukehosting one, DB. Sorry). Right now, we're in the stage of 'patching things up', since that board hasn't been used since...what, a month, two months ago?

I have the link, but only admins and mods could log in right now, so it wouldn't be of much use. In any case, we'll keep you anxious guys updated.

If we do switch over there, I can assure you that Invision will have far less problems than freenukehosting...at least, I hope so.

Sounds good. Man, we've really had some bad luck with these forums. 😞

I've been shopping around for a new host. I know Steel and Kitkut have the invisionfree board, but we need more than just a board. 😉 And I had a multitude of other projects I was working on that I very much want back. 😞

How is your gmail storage going. Did you get most of your stuff saved in there before everything went down?

The Real Darth Bob, on Mar 31 2005, 04:16 AM, said:

I've been shopping around for a new host. I know Steel and Kitkut have the invisionfree board, but we need more than just a board. 😉 And I had a multitude of other projects I was working on that I very much want back. 😞
View Post

I don't see why we can't stay at the place we were at?

This post has been edited by Darth Eddy : 31 March 2005 - 08:15 AM

Because they were attacked once. It can happen again.

general11, on Mar 31 2005, 08:45 AM, said:

Because they were attacked once. It can happen again.
View Post

Just for the record, that's something that can happen with any host.

I think it is more of the psychological burden of having been attacked once. Even though the chances are probably just as good we will get attacked somewhere else, it still weighs heavy on your mind that you've been attacked at that certain spot.

Swithich, on Mar 31 2005, 09:38 PM, said:

I think it is more of the psychological burden of having been attacked once. Even though the chances are probably just as good we will get attacked somewhere else, it still weighs heavy on your mind that you've been attacked at that certain spot.
View Post

Doesn't mean that you'd be any better off elsewhere. 😛

That's what I'm trying to point out, I don't care, but I'm trying to explain how Kilkut and Steelix might feel.

EVula, on Mar 31 2005, 12:09 PM, said:

Just for the record, that's something that can happen with any host.

That has to be one of the best posts ever.

You mean, most ironic?

How is it ironic? I'd say it's one of those "No, really??? slaps face" kind of posts.

It's ironic because Evula is a host for web forums, and he is saying that can happen to any host. That would be irony.

This really isn't worth arguing over...

Matthew Walk, on Apr 9 2005, 07:41 PM, said:

This really isn't worth arguing over...
View Post

Is anything?

Ya, like the fact that we need a place to meet. Summer is coming and we can really make hay on the plug with all that free time. Plus Pace will be on board once Arpia 2 is released. We have a full boat. Who knows how much progress we can make, but we need a cordinated effort.

Swithich, on Apr 10 2005, 05:23 AM, said:

Ya, like the fact that we need a place to meet. Summer is coming and we can really make hay on the plug with all that free time. Plus Pace will be on board once Arpia 2 is released. We have a full boat. Who knows how much progress we can make, but we need a cordinated effort.
View Post

I won't have very much free time this summer, I am doing Marching band and summer school.

On topic: DB, when do you think the site will be back up?