Alittle help...

with the weap resource

So I'm making a plug, but the weapons that fire ammo won't use it! (even though I put the weapon ID of the ammo where its supposed to go on the launcher) I have no idea what to do and i could use some help... im making the plug under windows.

To make the weapons inside the game use the ammo you want, you have to check two things: the Ammo field in the wëap resource, and the oütf resource you're using with it. Make sure that if it's a launcher, then the launcher oütf itself uses the wëap resource as weapon. The ammo oütf itself must use the wëap resource as ammunition. You have to link them all together.

And they arent all IDs. The ammo field inside the weapon rescource is zero based, while everything else i think is 128 based. So weap 131 should use ammotype 3 and the ammo should say 131 in its modtype field.

NebuchadnezzaR, on Mar 24 2005, 01:10 AM, said:

And they arent all IDs. The ammo field inside the weapon rescource is zero based, while everything else i think is 128 based. So weap 131 should use ammotype 3 and the ammo should say 131 in its modtype field.
View Post

Although your editor ought to keep everything consistent for you so you don't need to worry about things like this.

Ive never seen an editor that does that...

NovaTools does, where it can.

Ok, so the wepons that use ammo are fixed except the fighter bays. Those are just a tad bit different....

Not much. You need to set Guidance to 99 and AmmoType to the ID of the ship resource to launch. So a Shuttle Launcher would have an AmmoType of 128.