Just out of curiosity(sp?)

SpacePirate, on Mar 4 2005, 02:09 AM, said:

<snipaty snip>
Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure it was TomWoozle.

~ SP
View Post

Are you sure cause I remmeber it being ptpeline, I could be wrong though.

Fnoigy, on Feb 21 2005, 07:02 PM, said:

If windows ever earns the respect needed for such a tool, it will get one.
View Post

FYI, my Windows machine is better than many people's Macs. Execpt for not running Mac.

general11, on Mar 4 2005, 06:09 PM, said:

FYI, my Windows machine is better than many people's Macs. Execpt for not running Mac.
View Post

Wow, let's not go here.

general11, on Mar 4 2005, 07:09 PM, said:

View Post

Why is it when something decent gets developed for the Mac all windoze users just whine about it? You ain't getting my editor. I'm a big Mac fan, and a big disliker of Windows.

This post has been edited by DaGekkoMan : 05 March 2005 - 12:51 PM

DaGekkoMan, on Mar 5 2005, 02:05 AM, said:

Why is it when something decent gets developed for the Mac all windoze users just whine about it? You ain't getting my editor. I'm a big Mac fan, and a big hater of Windows.
View Post

Why? Just because it isn't a Mac doesn't mean that it sucks. And I was serious when I said that my Windows machine IS better than many peoples Macs. I make no claim that it is better than all Macs, I would lose that claim.

And I don't whine at all. I beleive that Windows users should get the same chances to use plug-in editores as Mac people. I'm working on my own TC and helping with another, and I feel that Windows users should have the same opportunities as Mac users. What you have said could be considered racisim.

Do you think I LIKE Windows? I don't. But I have Windows and don't forsee getting a Mac anytime soon. I just wan't the same opportunities.

general11, on Mar 5 2005, 12:32 PM, said:

Why? Just because it isn't a Mac doesn't mean that it sucks. And I was serious when I said that my Windows machine IS better than many peoples Macs. I make no claim that it is better than all Macs, I would lose that claim.

And I don't whine at all. I beleive that Windows users should get the same chances to use plug-in editores as Mac people. I'm working on my own TC and helping with another, and I feel that Windows users should have the same opportunities as Mac users. What you have said could be considered racisim.

Do you think I LIKE Windows? I don't. But I have Windows and don't forsee getting a Mac anytime soon. I just wan't the same opportunities.
View Post

I think you took my comment a bit the wrong way, it was not aimed soley at you. There are very few decent Mac Only programs, so when they do come along i personally feel they should stay that way. There are a hundreds of Windows only programs, so its hardly classed as being unfair.

There are 2 main reasons for me not developing a plugin editor for windows, and i would say it would probably be the same for other developers. To develop a editor for one platform is a relatively easy task as you are only dealing one plugin type, for the Mac, you make the editors rely on ResourceForks, on windows they require .rez files. So to port it to another platform requires as much effort as a rewrite essentially.

The other is that i do not have access to windows, and nearly all my code is linking into Mac OS X itself, so its kinda difficult to port it with out rewritting it.

Over the last week i have had loads of eMails asking me to make a windows version of iNova. Why? You've got EVNew, which to my knowledge is perfectly fine, and has very good reviews.

I'm sorry if i offended you, but I spoke from personal experience there. A few months ago i developed a small iTunes controller, which i pulled the plug on due to the amount of windows users complaining at me for not developing for windows. Can i not develop for Mac in peace?

I couldn't have said it better myself.

general11, on Mar 5 2005, 01:32 PM, said:

View Post

I would agree with you on principle, here. However, there are major problems in porting any program over to another operating system, more so in going from a dual-fork file architecture down to a single-fork architecture such as in windows. Believe me, if it were easy to port applications, it'd be done in a heartbeat.

I guess I'm a bit late on this subject, but hey.

~ SP

This post has been edited by SpacePirate : 08 March 2005 - 10:27 PM