Weapon Glows

The differences of lasers

I am attempting to create a plugin in which the Zephyr and Manta's weapon glows will appear when a BioRelay laser is shot. I know that weapon glows can show up when a laser is shot because of the weapon glows on the Arachnid, Scarab, and Raven. My question is this: how can I make weapon glows show up when the BioRelay laser is shot? I have compared weapon resources between the BioRelay and the Capacitor Pulse lasers, and they look almost the same. Can someone help me out?

I think in the weap resource you have to check the 'uses the ship's weapon sprite flag'.

I'd check the "shan" resource for those ships to make a comparison too. The shan resource also has things like engine glows, shields, etc. as well. From my perspective using EVNEW, the shan resource then also needs a RLE picture files associated with it too. Anyone wanna follow up my post and elaborate this point I'd welcome it.

Prof. ADN

You both have the right idea. Look for the option of the biorelay beam uses a ship's weapon sprite. Also, some ships really don't have a very flashy and eccentric weapon sprite, if any at all.

(EDIT): Oops, I'm wrong. Never mind. Listen to general11.

This post has been edited by Guy : 21 February 2005 - 11:13 PM