Modifying Ship Explosions

I'm trying to figure out exactly why my EVN:C and O don't play the sound for when a ship blows up when it, well, blows up. I check the sound and boom resources of both Nova and Classic, and notice that Classic's "Nova Essentials" doesn't have boom resources specifically named for ships exploding (or breaking up for that matter, but somehow that works) like Nova's normal files do.

The problem is, the Nova Bible doesn't say anything about specifying which explosions ships use when they die. I just want to know how to change them so that I can fix my game...

Explode1 and Explode2 in the ship resource. I expect they just point to a large weapon explosion. There were only 3 different explosions in EV/O.

Guy, on Jan 18 2005, 11:19 PM, said:

Explode1 and Explode2 in the ship resource. I expect they just point to a large weapon explosion. There were only 3 different explosions in EV/O.
View Post

I had to create two new bööms to get EV ships to explode like they used to. Copied the small and the medium explosions and reset their sounds to the breakup and the ship explosion respectively. Then modified every ship in the game. O_o;

Is it possible that you could put those changes into a plug-in and upload it? I would appreciate the fix.

btw, does anyone know how widespread this problem is? Is it a problem with every version of EVN:C, just Mac ones, or what?

Phyvo, on Jan 20 2005, 09:27 AM, said:

Is it possible that you could put those changes into a plug-in and upload it? I would appreciate the fix.

btw, does anyone know how widespread this problem is? Is it a problem with every version of EVN:C, just Mac ones, or what?
View Post

It'd take a while, but yeah. It's doable. I just need a bit of time, and a method of converting the end result to Mac format. (My computer is a WinXP PC)

I could convert it for you, if you wish. Besides, people often only release their plugs in one version, unless you want to include both in one package.

Phyvo, on Jan 23 2005, 07:00 PM, said:

I could convert it for you, if you wish. Besides, people often only release their plugs in one version, unless you want to include both in one package.
View Post

That'd be great. 🙂

Sorry I haven't actually completed the plug yet; campuswork and such is kinda keeping me away. I'll be on it later today.

Time passes...

See if this works. (attached .zip archive)

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Amnenth : 25 January 2005 - 08:38 PM

(EDIT) Argh, I can seem to attach the Mac version to the post. Oh well. (/EDIT)

In any case, it seems to work fine. Thanks a bunch! I missed those old skool sounds. Now the only thing to do is to make the interferance only use green and gray pixels. =P

This post has been edited by Phyvo : 26 January 2005 - 05:33 PM

Now the only thing to do is to make the interferance only use green and gray pixels. =P

You mean like...this?

Attached File evcoint.bin.zip (4.23K)
Number of downloads: 35

That's exactly... it. This shows my inexperiance with interfaces, no matter how many funky weapon/armor/ship systems I dream up.

Thanks a bunch!

No problem, I just copied and pasted 10 ppats. 😛