A New TC for EVN

MEKLAR!!!

(We all know what happens next...) 😉 😛

rmx256, on Jan 19 2005, 07:47 PM, said:

MEKLAR!!!

(We all know what happens next...) 😉 😛
View Post

It isn't Meklar anymore. DON'T USE IT. The new name is Ncharlen.

I really don't want a lawsuit. 🙂

If you have no previous experience with a graphics renderer, then Wings3D is good. It has an odd interface, but it is simple, and if you aren't already used to another program, then it works quite well. Then for rendering, I dunno. I used Blender, but Blender has an insane interface that is quite efficient yet horribly complicated. BTW they're both free.

general11, on Jan 20 2005, 12:57 AM, said:

It isn't Meklar anymore. DON'T USE IT. The new name is Ncharlen.

I really don't want a lawsuit. 🙂
View Post

Don't worry, you can't get sued for having the same made up name as another made up name in something else, unless it has been separately trademarked. Even if it is trademarked (subject to the laws in whichever country you happen to be in) you could only be sued if you were attempting to pass off your product as the other company's product, or otherwise to trade on the brand equity of that name to the detriment of the brand holder.

BTW for the record, I think Meklar is a better name than Ncharlen, but it's your call.

Doubled consonants have been very popular in recent years... I was relieved to see them and other similar 'non-vocal' noises being used in the lates Star Wars movie, much more 'realistic', if somewhat annoying. I trace it to "The Gods Must Be Crazy".

You saw that movie?

Back on topic, general11, do you want hosting on the KRF?

Man, that's a classic!

Can we have our NovaKids back, too?

Who's in charge of the NovaKids team?

Either Pace or Me, I'm not sure.

general11, on Jan 19 2005, 05:39 PM, said:

Actualy I have MOO3, it's not all that bad once you get to know about. I had completly forgot about the Meklar.

The race formerly known as the Mek'lar is henceforth known as the Ncharlen.
View Post

I didn't say that it was bad, I said, in other words, that it was unusually focused on administration and manuvering. Most strats you go down to a planet and tinker with food production: in this you say to a governor "We need more food. Deal with it." Unusual, and a good game, but it shocked a lot of people.

Ncharlen, just as a cyborg race name, sounds COOOOL. Any idea what it means in the Ncharlen language?

Best of luck to you.

Done. At the moment only you and Pace will be able to access the private forums, we need to sort out usergroups and permission masks.

Why, thank you.

We don't really need a public/private, if that's ok. Just one public- it's an open-source TC 🙂

Ncharlen, just as a cyborg race name, sounds COOOOL. Any idea what it means in the Ncharlen language?

Ncharlen means "the pure ones" in their own language.

I just came up with that. 🙂

Back on topic, general11, do you want hosting on the KRF?

Maybe in a little bit. Thanks.

This post has been edited by general11 : 21 January 2005 - 04:17 PM