Best plugins/mods for Nova available?

Out of the loop for a while

I haven't played Nova for a long time. Over a year, at least. I miss it.
By this time, I would assume that there are several particularly good/respected plugins or "TC"s available. Personally, I was a bit disappointed with the all-sides-leading-to-one storyline of Nova, so I'm looking more for missions/story based things primarily, though good ship addon/graphic modifying plugins would be good too. Small plugins that are purely story-based are fine, but I recall some really good Override ones that added completely new galaxies, astoundingly good ship and weapon setups, etc. Hell, anything good to exceptional.
If there's some kind of ratings page available, I wasn't able to find it. In any case, better to find the best by word of mouth rather than looking at download counts, I figure. I thank you in advance for reopening and expanding my long-neglected EVN experience 🙂

Try the Ambrosia EVN ad-ons page. There are alot of plugs that you might like here as well as a rating system. It is at this adress. Enjoy!

Here be the page with the highest ranked plugs.
But this kind of question is best asked on the Nova Board (this is more for developing)

This post has been edited by Pace (haldora) : 16 January 2005 - 07:58 AM

Pace (haldora), on Jan 16 2005, 07:56 AM, said:

Here be the page with the highest ranked plugs.
View Post

Pace, you just put a link to a different part of the same page that I put a link for. Don't force him to be stuck with one page of plug-ins that sound good because only a few people rate them. Send him to the page were he can get the biggest selection. 🙂

general11, on Jan 16 2005, 01:01 PM, said:

Pace, you just put a link to a different part of the same page that I put a link for. Don't force him to be stuck with one page of plug-ins that sound good because only a few people rate them. Send him to the page were he can get the biggest selection. 🙂
View Post

The selection is the same. On the page you linked to, the most recent plugs are shown first. On the one Pace linked to, the highest-rated plugs are shown first. It's all a matter of how you order them.

PBoat101, on Jan 16 2005, 09:48 AM, said:

The selection is the same. On the page you linked to, the most recent plugs are shown first. On the one Pace linked to, the highest-rated plugs are shown first. It's all a matter of how you order them.
View Post

Yes, the selection is the same, but he should start like everyone and go through the whole thing. Just because he hasn't played Nove in over a year doesn't net him any special privileges. People have to do some things for themselves. 🙂

general11, on Jan 16 2005, 03:00 PM, said:

Yes, the selection is the same, but he should start like everyone and go through the whole thing. Just because he hasn't played Nove in over a year doesn't net him any special privileges. People have to do some things for themselves. 🙂
View Post

He seemed to know about the Addons Page already (saying that he has played Override plugs), but was not aware that he could arrange the plugs by rating. This feature is available to everyone, so how is using it a "special privelege?"

And I must say that ridiculing someone just for giving a more specific answer is quite uncalled for. This is not a competition. There is no need to defend your own answer just because someone else gave a different one.

Welcome to the Boards 🙂

Great, 6 replies and all I've got is a link to a place I've already looked at. I'll post this on the Nova board.

Probably because there isn't really much in the way of good/respected plugins/TCs available yet. I think Polycon is the only TC out at the moment (other than EV/O). A few popular plugins include Ship Variants, Arpia, AAC Paint Station, and others. But I think the best are still in development. A number of quality TCs are expected to see the light of day eventually, also a couple of major plugins such as Arpia 2 and one by ATMOS, though I forget the name right now.

David Harris, on Jan 16 2005, 03:50 PM, said:

Great, 6 replies and all I've got is a link to a place I've already looked at. I'll post this on the Nova board.
View Post

Oh, you already looked at this page. You need to tell us this stuff earlier so we don't put in lots of wasted effort. 🙂 Good luck with finding a good plug.

Guy, on Jan 16 2005, 04:34 PM, said:

Probably because there isn't really much in the way of good/respected plugins/TCs available yet. I think Polycon is the only TC out at the moment (other than EV/O). A few popular plugins include Ship Variants, Arpia, AAC Paint Station, and others. But I think the best are still in development. A number of quality TCs are expected to see the light of day eventually, also a couple of major plugins such as Arpia 2 and one by ATMOS, though I forget the name right now.
View Post

Aftermath by any chance?
http://www.evula.org...math/index.html
I suspect this will be the (b)BEST(/)! TC to date.

Yho2002, on Jan 19 2005, 11:21 AM, said:

Aftermath by any chance?
http://www.evula.org...math/index.html
I suspect this will be the (b)BEST(/)! TC to date.
View Post

He did say availible. 😛

Arpia's good, but wait a little more for Apria 2. It'll be awsome. Especially the planets. And I might just be saying that because I made them. 😛

Polycon is good if you feel like getting into fights with everyone and having minimal storyline. And it's the only TC.

PlugPack is also great. The outfits are mostly balanced and they're fun to use.

And the Horse of Many COlors. It's fun watching your ship switch colors as you hyperjump. 😄