Here's an easy one, but I can't figure it out...

Can't do mission without X outfit

I created this new outfit for my plug-in. Its a hospital wing that you put into larger ships. Its huge, and takes up a lot of outfit space, and is in general a pain to carry around.

The reward is that, said hospital wing allows you to partake in certain missions, such as evacuating a plague colony or something like that. Or at least its supposed to. But how could I do this?

I mean, I could make a bit flip over when you buy the outfit, and of course flip off when you sell it. But what if you just buy another ship, the bit will still be one. And there are you, in a puny fighter, getting offers for missions to evacuate entire plague colonies.

Is the answer as simple as putting an Oxxx require bit in the mission?

You can do it with contribute/require bits. Sorry for wasting everyone's time...

:rolleyes:

SeattleLightning, on Jan 9 2005, 11:20 PM, said:

I created this new outfit for my plug-in. Its a hospital wing that you put into larger ships. Its huge, and takes up a lot of outfit space, and is in general a pain to carry around.

The reward is that, said hospital wing allows you to partake in certain missions, such as evacuating a plague colony or something like that. Or at least its supposed to. But how could I do this?

I mean, I could make a bit flip over when you buy the outfit, and of course flip off when you sell it. But what if you just buy another ship, the bit will still be one. And there are you, in a puny fighter, getting offers for missions to evacuate entire plague colonies.

Is the answer as simple as putting an Oxxx require bit in the mission?
View Post

Requiring at least one outfit of ID xxx would work (I think the Oxxx operator is right, but I'm not sure.)

Yeah, Oxxx should work as you describe, no need to use one of the contribute/require bits.