Brand new to mechanisto...

I applyed 30,30,30, but it still shows up the same.

If I recall shouldn't there be a checkerboard shader somewhere in the guns?

Ah, I don't know. I've not done the tutorial... Have you double-checked that the shader for the guns has been applied?

Have you quit Mech' and reopened the model? That may help.

rmx256, on Dec 27 2004, 01:05 PM, said:

If I recall shouldn't there be a checkerboard shader somewhere in the guns?
View Post

That comes on later.

Ah, I don't know. I've not done the tutorial... Have you double-checked that the shader for the guns has been applied?

Have you quit Mech' and reopened the model? That may help.

Yes it has been applied.Yes I've quit Mech' and reopened the model.

I gave him the address of your tutorial, rmx. He's going to start on it later,or so he says.

Anaxagoras, on Dec 27 2004, 06:51 PM, said:

I gave him the address of your tutorial, rmx. He's going to start on it later, or so he says.
View Post

I will. But still no one has told me what to do.

Well, if you could take a screenshot of all your shader settings or something, it might help us figure out what's wrong. With the information I have, all I can suggest is triple checking you're shaders for any trace of something red.

Phyvo, on Dec 28 2004, 09:29 AM, said:

Well, if you could take a screenshot of all your shader settings or something, it might help us figure out what's wrong. With the information I have, all I can suggest is triple checking you're shaders for any trace of something red.
View Post

How do I take screenshots.

Anaxagoras, on Dec 27 2004, 05:51 PM, said:

I gave him the address of your tutorial, rmx. He's going to start on it later,or so he says.
View Post

My tutorial? It isn't ready yet. I thought that it was a non-factor... It will just be more pointers than anything to demonstrate how to add Nova-engine features to Mech models (as so many people tend to think that it's not even good enough for EVO ships- or used to)...

If you're having problems with Tycho's tutorial, email him or post a message at http://www.phpbbforfree.com/forums/viewfor...=4&mforum;=kemet , which he tends to check a bit more often than the Nova Dev Board.

Screenshots: Command+shift+3
Command+shift+4 lets you select the area to be shot...

This post has been edited by rmx256 : 28 December 2004 - 05:12 PM

I just finished this tutorial, along with a few of my own touches, so I can be of some help. My question is, is there good way to do engine flames? I tried, but it looks kind of pathetic.
Posted Image
I just used a turbulance, gradient shader, and it looks decent, but not great. Any ideas on how to make it look better? Or is this post better suited to the unofficial Mech forums?

Edit: Ok, rmx. To the other one it goes.

This post has been edited by PigDog4 : 29 December 2004 - 06:10 PM

Well, there isn't an official one...

You know, rmx, I'm actually awaiting Kemet more than most other TCs.

???

I've been waiting for Sephill.

Why Kemet? I'm of the opinion that it can't make enough sense to anyone other than myself (and perhaps Tycho (and especially not my wife, whom thinks that my ships resemble sexual aides (whom? syntax correct? I don't know.) and thinks the plot resembles Jell-o)) to have any actual anticipation yet.

... Sexual aides... :rolleyes:

I like it because I've always been into mythology, and Kemet has a touch of that in the background, too. I'm also patiently awaiting Sephi l Saga... and Eternal Wars, SFA, and Days of Glory.

Seriously, the Khem-class shuttle has been described as "a block of wood suspended between two d****s".

Could I see a picture of that shuttle, just to be sure your wife is knocking the project because she thinks it's a waste of time?

PigDog4, on Dec 29 2004, 05:34 PM, said:

I just finished this tutorial, along with a few of my own touches, so I can be of some help. My question is, is there good way to do engine flames? I tried, but it looks kind of pathetic.
Posted Image
I just used a turbulance, gradient shader, and it looks decent, but not great. Any ideas on how to make it look better? Or is this post better suited to the unofficial Mech forums?

Edit: Ok, rmx. To the other one it goes.
View Post

Just two things.

One, by looking at the tutorial and looking at your picture your antenna are a little bit too long.

My other question is how did you get the gun's texturing to look like that because every time I type 30,30,30 into the RGB. It comes out looking like this.

So if you could tell me what exactly you did to the shader "gunMetal" it would be appreciated.