Ruthless Wraith

I want mercy, darn it!

I made a rank that lets the player request assistance from the Wraith for a plug I am making. So I go and ask for help only to find that they don't have the request assistance button. So I went back and unchecked the "No Mercy" flag in the govt resource, so now the button appears, but it doesn't do anything. Less than nothing in fact. When I click the Request Assistance button, it plays the beep noise, the button changes colors as usual, but then it stays dark red and the message from the Wraith doesn't change.

What am I doing wrong?

Try to change other gövt flags, especially "can be bribed". I should know, I experimented with them a lot lately (check the post, that I'll have made by the time you read this, in the gövt template topic).

In the gövt resource there's a flag named “Mercy Button Disabled”. If this flag is set, the mercy/assistance button is hidden.

Arion, on Dec 9 2004, 07:04 PM, said:

<snip>
View Post

He just said that he used this.

The problem isn't whether or not it appears , but whether or not it functions.

Arion, on Dec 9 2004, 08:04 PM, said:

In the gövt resource there's a flag named “Mercy Button Disabled”. If this flag is set, the mercy/assistance button is hidden.
View Post

My dad's mate once told me a very useful exam technique which I feel is also helpful in this situation.

He called it RTFQ...

Read The Question!

But I'm sure I missed a word out there...

I'm not at home now, but I'll try setting the "Can be Bribed" flag when I get home. I'll have to let people know that they need to switch this plug out when they aren't playing as Wraith. Otherwise you'd have some way too friendly Wraith. 😄

I just hope you guys never make a mistake. 😛

Arion, on Dec 11 2004, 09:15 PM, said:

I just hope you guys never make a mistake. 😛
View Post

I won't 😛

pp0u20e8, on Dec 10 2004, 07:39 PM, said:

My dad's mate once told me a very useful exam technique which I feel is also helpful in this situation.

He called it RTFQ...

Read The Question!
But I'm sure I missed a word out there...
View Post

It's not my style to point out easy "mistakes" or make easy jokes but...

Perhaps it's the F word+ing? :laugh:

This post has been edited by Zacha Pedro : 14 December 2004 - 07:49 AM

Personally i haven't checked this but can you manage the amount of money it costs to buy fuel? from planets and other ships.

You can make it free, I believe, and maybe cost some more than usual, but you can most definately not control the cost like you can a ship's cost.