Maelstrom

Is there any way to get open the sprites from Maelstrom to use in a plug for Nova?

Yup, they're all icons. Open the Maelstrom Sprites with resedit and they're all there as icl8s and ics8s.

I am not good with resedit. Is there an easier way to do it?

How would I turn them into the sprites for nova if I were to use resedit?

This post has been edited by erikthered : 02 December 2004 - 10:27 AM

Isn't there a plug-in somewhere on the Addon's page that has these sprites compiled for use in EV?

I'll try and check that myself.

Found:
Maelstrom-15-plugin.

It's for EVC, so only the graphics will be useful to you. The rest of the resources will simply be useless, as the format has changed since this went up.

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 02 December 2004 - 01:08 PM

Eugene, you rock, thanks, I'll check it out. I couldn't find the plugin on the addons page.

Don't forget that the asteroid sprites in Maelstrom and the original Escape Velocity are the same.

erikthered, on Dec 2 2004, 09:55 PM, said:

I couldn't find the plugin on the addons page.
View Post

You don't need to worry about looking for it there; Eugene gave you a link. Click on it... 🙂

Firebird, on Dec 3 2004, 01:43 PM, said:

You don't need to worry about looking for it there; Eugene gave you a link. Click on it... 🙂
View Post

That was me saying that I had looked on the addon page before he put the link up. Note how my post was not edited. I meant, "Thanks for the link. I looked myself and couldn't find the plug on the list."