Missile Sub-Ammo

what is it ow does it Work?

So I'm making a missile right.There's a field for ammo in the wep desc. what is that and what do the different values mean? :wacko:

Read this. If you still have a problem post it here.

I'm so glad I wrote these guides...

So let me get this straight. For the missile LAUNCHER you put the missile's ID in the ammo field. Thats simple enough. But you also put the missile's ID in the ammo field for the missile? The stock scenario missiles have mostly single digit entries in the ammo field. Why?

The number you put in is not the ID but the index number. The index is found by subtracting 128 from the ID. So subtract 128 from the ID of your weapon resource and stick that number in its ammo field.

So lets say the ID for the missile was 138. I would put 10 in the Ammo field for both the missile itself and the launcher?

You should only have one weapon. You have one outfit for the launcher and one for the ammo, but only one weapon.

Okay, got it. The launcher is JUST an outfit which uses the missile wepon. The missile is the wepon. You put its ID minus 128 in the ammo field.

Another question, how does on determine guidance?

You mean the guidance in the guidance field? Just read the bible (or Zacha's template) and pick what you want. For a homing weapon use guidance type 1. Then you can use the seeker field to control the behaviour a little more.

You sound like you haven't read the bible at all. This is always the first place to start looking for answers. The EVN Bible is found in the documentation folder inside your EV Nova folder - it is a technical guide to all of Nova's resources and all their fields. Read it and memorise it 😉

Or get as close to memorizing it as you can, since memorizing that huge guide will take some time. When you create plugs, always have it open for reference. I'm pretty sure that almost every developer here has the Bible open whilst they program.

Sometimes. Most of the stuff I'm doing at the moment is fairly simple...

And if you have trouble reading and understanding the Bible, you have this, which should help you understand it.

Actually, I only open it on ocasion when I want to know something specific. I've memorized most of the Bible's contents.

Also, there is a little glitch in NT - it says index number for the AmmoType field, but you need to type the resource ID anyways. Just thought I'd mention that for everyone's benefit. Also, it will convert it to an index number upon opening the weapon. I got burned on this a few times. <_<