why wont it work?

my mission dont work..

im making a plug in so far theres a system with one spob in it and a few fleets and desc res's, and ive made two missions, the first introductory mission wont come up, ive set it to be available in the bar, on 100% available, but it just dont show up, and to get the 2nd mission you need to complete the 1st...and it dont work!

The best place to ask is the EV Developer's Corner forum where all questions regarding making plug should be directed.

I'll just move this over there.

Read this. Then come back and tell if you still have a problem (or if you solved it).

nope nothing in there helped, but thanks anyway.

I'm afraid nobody can help you at the moment; you have not provided sufficient information (sounds like something a classic 'future' computer would say: "INSUFFICIENT INFORMATION PROVIDED" :)).

Did you make it from scratch or copy one of the others and modify it? Did you set anything for the ShipType? AvailStel? Availibilty (ncb test string)? AvailShipType? Require bits? If so, what?

Better yet, you could attach a screenshot (press Apple-Shift-4 and drag it around the window (hold Control to copy rather than save an image), or use Grab in Applications/Utilities and capture the window).

EDIT: Oh, and what is the Resource ID of the first mission?

This post has been edited by orcaloverbri9 : 23 October 2004 - 10:21 PM

What editor are you using?

orcaloverbri9, on Oct 24 2004, 03:14 AM, said:

Better yet, you could attach a screenshot (press Apple-Shift-4 and drag it around the window (hold Control to copy rather than save an image), or use Grab in Applications/Utilities and capture the window).
View Post

Or just hit the spacebar after command-shift-4 to get object capture (or caps-lock in OS 9).

Guy, on Oct 24 2004, 04:11 AM, said:

Or just hit the spacebar after command-shift-4 to get object capture (or caps-lock in OS 9).

Holy...tries it woah! I never knew that...I knew about caps lock in OS 9, but I didn't think it was possible in X...

orcaloverbri9, on Oct 24 2004, 01:56 PM, said:

Holy...tries it woah! I never knew that...I knew about caps lock in OS 9, but I didn't think it was possible in X...
View Post

Yeah, well it was still caps-lock in 10.1. When I upgraded to 10.2 I found that no longer worked, so I just poked keys until it did work.