Orginal PICTs in Ferazel Worlds

I know this is true for EV, but does it carry over to Ferazel's Wand:
In the World Data file (in ResEdit) there is a folder called PICTs. It contains PICT 7000, the Terekorn Map. What if you were to put different images; tiles, spirtes, ect. in this folder, with the ID # of an equivilant image in the orginal game. Would it replace the orginal with yours during gameplay. Could someone test this? I will try it tommorrow.

------------------
When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President; I'm beginning to believe it.
-Clarence Darrow

I'm sorry but I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Did you mean can you put a PICT in the World Data file with the same ID number as an image in the Titles file and have the PICT in the World Data override it until the Data file is switched? That would be a very useful feature but I'm not sure if it works....lets go test!!

------------------
Dr. Tall says: Taller is Better

Well it was a good idea but no I can't get it to work :frown:

------------------
Dr. Tall says: Taller is Better

I was sure I had found a ground-breaking method. Oh well. :frown: I will test it once myself just to be sure. Thanks Dr. Tall.

------------------
When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President; I'm beginning to believe it.
-Clarence Darrow

Basic Nothingness had this done briefly. I never saw a custom image, while those I shipped the product to said they saw it. Regardless, I took it out awhile ago because it was crude and didn't reflect the plot, small that it was.

------------------
Greetings - I am your friendly neighborhood moderator. Over the coming years I shall force-feed you my biased one-sided liberal tripe that I find truthful based upon my own faulty and fragmented logic; excessive smileys 🙂 🙂 🙂 and bizarre TexT! formatting also help clarify my inane points. Welcome to the boards!

Are you saying it does work? I would like to change the final text dialog, along with some other things. I will try it now. Thanks.

------------------
-Clarence Darrow

I got it to work with a tileset once.

------------------
The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance. --Socrates
Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. --Thomas Edison
Lack of will power has caused more failure than lack of intelligence or ability. -- Flowers A. Newhouse

If it works, OBW is going to be a lot easier to download. We're changing tilesets, and even thinking about changing a few enemy graphics. 🙂

------------------
"Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are not even capable of forming such opinions."-Albert Einstein
-------------------
"Six by nine. Forty-two." "That's it. That's all there is."-Douglas Adams