Turrets adding Turret slots problem

Just for kicks and grins, I tried making a outfit that points to a turret (so it would be a turreted weapon), and made it so that the outfit would take up one turret slot. Then, I added the mod that increases max turrets, so that every time one of these turrets was purchased it would increase the available max turrets by one.

My idea with this was so that if you had at least one turret slot open, you would always be able to buy the max number of this outfit and still have that one turret spot open for any other turrets you wished to use for other outfits. (and this was on purpose and worked into the item's description)

Unfortunately, this isn't working as expected, and I was wondering if anyone here could tell me why? The principle works for the first type of this turret purchased, in that it does indeed add another turret slot, however any more of this weapon, when purchased, do not add more turret slots. (i.e. if I buy one, it takes up one turret slot, adds one turret slot. If I buy two, two turret slots will be taken up, but only one turret slot will be added. Three results in three slots being taken, and only one added, etc.)

While I can probably make a workaround for my plugin's purposes, I would still like some explanation for this. Can each outfit type only add turrets once? (i.e. if one was to buy two Sigma Mount Reinforcements, it would still only add 4 guns and 2 turret slots?) (it should be noted that buying a Sigma Mount Reinforcement as normally available works exactly as expected)

Edit: I suppose it should also be noted that I'm working on Windows 98 using EVNEW v1.0.4, with EV:N v1.0.6 (for Windows).

This post has been edited by GutlessWonder : 11 October 2004 - 02:12 PM

Try it and find out. Make it so that you can buy multiple Sigma Mount Reinforcements and see what happens.

I ran into this problem a while back. The max gun and max turret mod types simply don't stack properly. (Or, at least, not as you'd expect them to). I brought this up in one of the topics for future Nova updates, but it was shot down. You'll just need to work around it.

slouch, on Oct 11 2004, 05:04 PM, said:

I ran into this problem a while back. The max gun and max turret mod types simply don't stack properly. (Or, at least, not as you'd expect them to). I brought this up in one of the topics for future Nova updates, but it was shot down. You'll just need to work around it.
View Post

I was afraid of this. Thanks for the info, though!

slouch, on Oct 11 2004, 10:04 PM, said:

View Post

So... Enlighten us. How do they stack?

I think they don't; I'll need to test this further, though, to see if there is any consistent law.

Here's the topic that Slouch alluded to earlier:

http://www.ambrosiasw.com/forums/index.php...topic=20196&hl;=

Edit: After re-reading Slouch's post, this isn't the topic, however it is on topic. 🙂

This post has been edited by GutlessWonder : 14 October 2004 - 07:37 AM