Small Problem with new Outf resource...

Hi, I made a galactic map outf using EVNEW... basically a Map up to 1000 systems available all the time anywhere that sells outfits... I also created a new ship based on the shuttle to replace the orriginal shuttle (I guess you can say a basic cheat plug for testing purposes of my developping TC)...

The problem is that when I land, I can see the map in the outfits area, but I can't buy it... nor can I buy anything else in there. I have the money for it, and plenty of space (not that it should matter since it has a mass of 0)... I'm pretty sure this question has been asked before but I've searched for over an hour on the boards and haven't found the answer. It's probably something simple, I tried using default outfits and the bible to help figure out the problem, but I haven't been able.

Thanks,
Maniac

Are you in the ship you made to replace the shuttle? Because all ships need the Contibute1 Bit: "0x00000001" set in order to buy outfits.

Picquilarius, on Oct 7 2004, 02:58 AM, said:

Are you in the ship you made to replace the shuttle? Because all ships need the Contibute1 Bit: "0x00000001" set in order to buy outfits.
View Post

I figured out the problem... my outf had a tech level of 0, my planet had a tech level of 0... the outf showed up, wouldn't let me buy it... I put the planet tech level higher, the outf was purchaseable 🙂

I wasn't sure about the contribute/require field though, I'm used to ResEdit and EVC so I'm still a noob as far as EVN is concerned.

All non Vell-os ships have this bit set in the Contribute1 field, and all outfits (I believe) require it, which is why Vell-os ships can't buy outfits. Of course, if your outfits don't have the Require1 bit set, it doesn't affect them.