Making Targeting Picts.

How do I get the red stripey look?

I have the image all set up, i.e. 128x64 with the ship graphic centered and at an angle, but I'm unsure how to give it the all red/ striped look the Nova targeting pics have. Is there a certain procedure or set of steps I should put it through? I'm using Photoshop 6.0.1 by the way...

Picquilarius, on Sep 23 2004, 04:46 PM, said:

I have the image all set up, i.e. 128x64 with the ship graphic centered and at an angle, but I'm unsure how to give it the all red/ striped look the Nova targeting pics have. Is there a certain procedure or set of steps I should put it through? I'm using Photoshop 6.0.1 by the way...
View Post

Look through the Nova plug ins section - there was a program someone made probably like 2 years ago that does that. I don't know if it uses third party software or not...

I know it's there though!

This post has been edited by Shrout1 : 23 September 2004 - 05:06 PM

Oh, heh, thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for.

The utility has since been implemented into Mission Computer. You can find it in one of the menus.

I've never used MissionComputer, NovaTools works fine just for me.

It's a program by David Arthur (which is why it's implemented in Mission Computer) It's also a standalone program, and you can probably find it in the "Utilities" section of the EV Nova addons page. Probably near the beginning of the list. You could probably also find it on David's webpage.

Matrix

Well, it would be on the bottom if the dates of the addons hadn't been screwed up...
OS<X version
OSX version

This post has been edited by Zacha Pedro : 24 September 2004 - 02:25 AM

Zacha Pedro, on Sep 24 2004, 06:59 AM, said:

Well, it would be on the bottom if the dates of the addons hadn't been screwed up...
OS>X version
OSX version
View Post

Thanks, but I found it right after Shrout1 told me about it.

It's for the other people that might be wondering this as well, in case they search, they'll find this.

Zacha Pedro, on Sep 24 2004, 03:24 AM, said:

It's for the other people that might be wondering this as well, in case they search, they'll find this.
View Post

And for Windows users, there's a stand-alone version of the Target Generator available on my web site.

Question, has anyone gotten the PC version of the target pict maker to work? The program runs, but I can't get the final image to copy to the clipboard...

Raventhief, on Sep 24 2004, 11:35 PM, said:

Question, has anyone gotten the PC version of the target pict maker to work? The program runs, but I can't get the final image to copy to the clipboard...
View Post

It worked for me when I created it, but it certainly hasn't had a wide range of testing (seeing as it was released before there was an EV Nova for Windows - I only made it because the amount of extra work involved was trivial). What happens? Does it just not do anything when you click the Copy button, or copy a garbled version, or what?

Does nothing. Well, actually that's not true. It copies to a local clipboard, so if I then tell it to make a new image from the clipboard, it does, based on the new one. But it isn't available to any other software, or to windows itself.

In my admittedly limited knowledge of the way the windows clipboards work, this shouldn't be possible. But it happens.

Raventhief, on Sep 25 2004, 05:16 PM, said:

In my admittedly limited knowledge of the way the windows clipboards work, this shouldn't be possible. But it happens.
View Post

Odd. If I have time, I'll try to put together soon a version which saves directly to disk.

Raventhief, on Sep 25 2004, 09:16 PM, said:

Does nothing. Well, actually that's not true. It copies to a local clipboard, so if I then tell it to make a new image from the clipboard, it does, based on the new one. But it isn't available to any other software, or to windows itself.

View Post

If you want to send me the image(s) I'd be happy to do it for you. Just make sure you send me the settings you want the images to have and what format you want them in.

picquilarius@yahoo.com

Picquilarius, on Sep 25 2004, 11:35 PM, said:

If you want to send me the image(s) I'd be happy to do it for you. Just make sure you send me the settings you want the images to have and what format you want them in.

picquilarius@yahoo.com
View Post

Thanks Picqui. I'm still working on images. I was just interested in your program.

Raventhief, on Sep 26 2004, 05:32 PM, said:

Thanks Picqui. I'm still working on images. I was just interested in your program.
View Post

Heh, if only I had the know how to make something like this. David Arthur gets all the credit for this program...