Arpia 2: graphics: assistance needed

Part 1: ships

Hello, folks.

As some of you may know, I am currently working on Arpia 2: bigger, longer and uncut

On a topic on the EVN boards, I had asked what they would want in another, bigger and updated Arpia plug, and a few mentioned graphics. So I started working on the Arpian Dragon, but seeing how long it has taken me and how long I've probably still got till it's finished, I reckon I'll ask some help here

I am in need of assistance for the graphical aspects of the plug.
If anyone's interested, could they send me a mail saying so?

Now if there is more than one person interested, then I reckon I'll have to judge, so it will be a little competition If there's only one design, then it's just the one (duh ).
This is the first of two such "competitions", graphical assistance requests for Arpia 2. This one is only about ships, the second will be about the rest.

I know there's the Aftermath competition too, with awards and all the rest, but this one has a deadline of mid-November. And whereas I'm sure the Aftermath competition will be very competitive, I'm not sure about this one (I guess less since Aftermath has been announced for quite some time).

Anyway, ANYONE CAN SUBMIT IDEAS.

Requirements:

Knowledge of the Arpia (v1.1) plug and of the ship(s) chosen

What to submit?

The ships I need are the following:

- Arpian Starbridge
- Arpian Carrier
- Arpian Leviathan
- Arpian Destroyer

Frandall's Destroyer is an option for those who have already submitted one ship.

Note: maximum number of entries: 5 different ships

In which format?

I will start by asking frontal, side, top, bottom and back views in a Photoshop readable format. Please try not to submit a file of 10 Mb.

What are the prizes? (consider it more of a gift of thank you, and if there is competition, it will become a prize)

Mention in the readme, an Arpia 2 person resource, with choice of name, ship, rank, function and government plus right to beta-test plug if interested.

How to submit?

address removed

Later on, next month, I may create a trial iDisk if many people want to submit ideas.

Thank you very much for any help.

This post has been edited by Pace : 02 November 2007 - 08:33 AM

If there is more than one design for a ship, then I'll have to decide

Edit: first post edited to sound more like a request for assistance

This post has been edited by Pace (haldora) : 15 September 2004 - 10:57 AM

Pace (haldora- said:

,Sep 15 2004, 06:33 AM)
No, not that. I'm asking for help (as noted in the post), and if anyone's interested, they can send a design. If there is more than one design for a ship, then I'll have to decide

Edit: first post edited to sound more like a request for assistance
View Post

That sounds a lot better. I hate it when people try to disguise an "I need you guys to do all my graphics work for me" request in a contest. It's so... insulting. I'm too busy to help, but I'll delete my first post.

Matrix

Thanks Matrix.
So anyway, if anyone would be interested in any other details about the ship, do ask.