Iridium Cuprite: cargo number 69

Used anywhere?

I just noticed the "Iridium Cuprite" in the cargo list. Does anyone know where it is used in the missions, and if anyone has any info on it, could they post it?

Also (though I don't know if this should be asked in the Developer corner), I searched on the internet, but never saw them together (Iridium is mostly used to harden Platinum, since Iridium is the hardest known mineral on earth, but it is too hard for us to be able to shape it like we wish). So would anyone know what the cuprite would have for an effect on the Iridium?

Pace (haldora), on Sep 15 2004, 10:45 AM, said:

I just noticed the "Iridium Cuprite" in the cargo list. Does anyone know where it is used in the missions, and if anyone has any info on it, could they post it?

Also (though I don't know if this should be asked in the Developer corner), I searched on the internet, but never saw them together (Iridium is mostly used to harden Platinum, since Iridium is the hardest known mineral on earth, but it is too hard for us to be able to shape it like we wish). So would anyone know what the cuprite would have for an effect on the Iridium?
View Post

Indium Cuprite is the metal you have to go pick up near the end of the pirate offshoot string. You know, the one that starts with getting the overdrive and ends with a sutherland alluvial dampener.

Raventhief, on Sep 15 2004, 01:16 PM, said:

Indium Cuprite is the metal you have to go pick up near the end of the pirate offshoot string. You know, the one that starts with getting the overdrive and ends with a sutherland alluvial dampener.
View Post

Yeah, that's it. Thanks.

For those interested, here's what Olaf tells you about it:

"I need you to head out to the Don'U'Cusyon system, find the ship, and take as much forced matrix Iridium Cuprite as your hold can carry. Apparently, we only need a little bit, but I'd like to have a stockpile of the stuff, just in case. It was originally used in old hyperdrive reactors, but a much more stable substitute is now used. However, our man assures me that he can use this stuff to make a better warp bubble, and keep it more stable. It should cut your warp times substantially, but I must admit, I have my doubts."