Another curiosity of mine: illegal cargos

This was posted in a thread on the Nova board, and it was suggested I post it here in my quest for answers and knowledge. :rolleyes: 🙂

Originally posted by GutlessWonder (in a thread on the Nova board):
How about someone make a plug that converts all goods carried by trading vessels so that if you plunder them and the Feds scan you they realize it's stolen goods and open fire?

Only allow the illegal versions to be sold on Pirate worlds, while normal trading center goods you could buy and sell legally (and asteroid mining would be legal as well).

I don't know if this is possible (I don't know how many types of trading goods are allowed, and if they can be set to be illegal), but I'm interested to know if it would work.

I have an inclination from looking through the Bible and such things that the only way to do this would be to have "special cargos" that appear along the bottom line of the trading window (like Vrenna Ice Lizard Pelts, Bioweapons, etc.) but then these special cargos, as far as I know, cannot appear on normal trading ships as cargos you can plunder, so I'd just be creating a few different trade routes that would have the possibility of slight injury from passing Feds.

Any way to make this work, or is it just a pipe dream?

(I know I could do it with outfits that were "illegal ammo" for weapons that don't exist, but it's just not the same thing as cargo you'd get in trouble for stealing besides just a stupid ratings drop for boarding the ship)

------------------
-= SS =-
Magnificat Anima
Please, point out my faults, so that I may correct them
"I am bleeding, making me the victor"