MASCOT Idiot

Okay, I got MASCOT (thanks to all the people who made that possible), and I can basically only make ground, enemies, objects, etc. I can't find door listed anywhere, the same with pillar that opens up. I plan to use a whole lotta open-pillar-thingies in my game, and I need to learn how to link the button and the pillar, the door and the key, and portal to portal. I also need to know how to change something about enemies (for instance, to make a blue salamandrake. 😕

Many thanks to the people who are not MASCOT idiots from Globzilla & Gumbo.
(my salamander is named Globzilla and my Gecko is named Gumbo)

------------------

Originally posted by Globzilla:
**Okay, I got MASCOT (thanks to all the people who made that possible)

I think Burnum and myself were some of the people who yelled at Ben until he released it.
All bow before the almighty aschaaf_86, and the others who helped! 😉 😄

Doors are in the objects menu.
Enemies are easy. Just drag 'em where you want 'em to go.

------------------
Most people are swindled into believing stupid things like Santa, the Tooth Fairy, God(s), etc.
They later side with common sense and stop believing in most of them.
Yet most refuse to let go of the ridiculous notion of the existence of God(s).

Sigh...the kind Dr Tall to the rescue. Use the sprite ID (ex: sprite 2 of 5) of the button, and input it as the first info field of any and all rock barriers you wish it to open. Ice barriers are not doors ;). If you want the button to stay down once pushed, make the first info field of the button 1. For a door, enter the numerical ID of object you wish to open the door with. They are listed in the MASCOT read me file (as is all this but its hard to decipher). But since I have copy and paste:
0. no key required
1. silver key
2. gold key
3. plat key
4. magic potion
5. health potion
6. Fire seed
7. Locket
8. Hammer
9. Poppy Muffin
10. Algernon Peice
11. Algernon Frame
12. Algernon
13.Gwindendon
14. Shield
15. Magic Shield
16. Smite Ring
17. Escape Ring
18. Ice Pick
19. Multi Crystal
20. Light Orb
21. Vorpal Dirk
22. Red Xichrons
23. Rez Necklace
24. Fire Charm
25. Mist Potion
26. Zir. Seed

Ahh and portals. Enter the sprite ID of the portal you wish the portal you are working with to link to. You do not have to make two portals link to each other. A portal can for instance, link to a portal which links to a third which links back to the first. A portal may also link to itself. Teleporters work the same way as portals. A blue salamandrake...There are two ways to go about this. You may be able to tint the monster using the tinting properties used for scenery (see the read me) but I have never tried this. If you want every Salamandrake to be blue, simply tint the sprite file using graphic converter or something simliar. However, you may not have two salamandrake sprites. If you change another monster into a salamandrake, it will behave as if it where the original enemy. There is no way to change AI's at this time. Maybe a moderator will read this and see what a nice guy I am... 😉

------------------
Dr. Tall says: Taller is Better

Thank you!! Thanks to you I possibly might figure it out in a hundred years (as opposed to the past billion 😉 ) And, yes, Aschaaf, I do bow to you. Some moderator should raise your karma. Ditto, Dr.Tall.

------------------

Yes the (b)kind, gracious, compassionate and caring ruler of the Ferazel's Wand Webboard(b/) Zelda raised my karma 😉

------------------

Originally posted by Globzilla:
**Some moderator should raise your karma.

I doubt it'll happen in the near future, because of the Anti-Dr-Tall, selfish, and un-helpfull posts I've made recently.
Hopefully when ACE is released... 😄

------------------
Most people are swindled into believing stupid things like Santa, the Tooth Fairy, God(s), etc.

<gives Dr Tall a cookie>

See, I interpret subtle hints well. I could just see you screaming in your mind, "Why doesn't he give me a cookie? I've been dropping hints everywhere -- that "I want a karma hike" should have given it away!" 😉

------------------
MAGNETIC POEM #14.4 (1/3/00)
love is
the searching below
one's tiny expecations

Originally posted by spamguy:
**See, I interpret subtle hints well.

You seem to have missed the one that came with the Basic Nothingness beta I sent you... 😄

------------------

Originally posted by aschaaf_86:
**You seem to have missed the one that came with the Basic Nothingness beta I sent you...:D

I just noticed my third one.
If that was from you, you can ignore my above post.

Thanks whoever it was!

------------------

I too have some questions...
1.) A tile is 24 pixels correct? I think that is what I used to measure pixel lengths for platforms + spike balls.
2.) Does any one have a better way to do these measurements? This is one of my least favorite parts of MASCOT.
3.) If I want a Throwing Goblin to stay stationary, what do I do?

Originally posted by Emperor Ent:
**I too have some questions...
1.) A tile is 24 pixels correct? I think that is what I used to measure pixel lengths for platforms + spike balls.

No, I think it's 32.

3.) If I want a Throwing Goblin to stay stationary, what do I do?

Put 1 in info(0)

------------------

4.) What about opening barrier's in Converations?
5.) How do you remove the intro pictures; Ice climbing, Greotius, ect?

------------------
Crime? What crime?... That I killed a vile noxious insect, an old pawnbroker woman, of use to no one! ... Killing her was atonement for forty sins. ... (blood) Which all men shed, which flows and has always flowed in streams, which is split like champagne, and for which men are crowned benefactors of mankind.”
-Crime &Punishment;

**4.) What about opening barrier's in Converations?

Left to right in an action line: 6, 0, 3
That opens the RBs with 0 in info(0)

**5.) How do you remove the intro pictures; Ice climbing, Greotius, ect?

It's some extra level info thing.
With MSIP, you should be able to find it.

I guess the last few posts I made cancel the first few ones. 🙂

------------------

(This message has been edited by aschaaf_86 (edited 04-28-2001).)

Posted by spamguy:
< gives Dr Tall a cookie>

Yum

------------------

Talk about a delayed reaction.

------------------
Crime? What crime?... That I killed a vile noxious insect, an old pawnbroker woman, of use to no one! ... Killing her was atonement for forty sins. ... (blood) Which all men shed, which flows and has always flowed in streams, which is split like champagne, and for which men are crowned benefactors of mankind.”
-Crime &Punishment;

**Talk about a delayed reaction.

People with inferior brains react slower. 😄

------------------
“If we do nothing, new technologies will give the government new automatic surveillance capabilities that Stalin could never have dreamed of. The only way to hold the line on privacy in the information age is strong cryptography.” - Phil Zimmermann
USE PGP! | (url="http://"http://www.pgp.com")www.pgp.com(/url)

Posted by aschaaf_86:
People with inferior brains react slower.

I just took my time eating the cookie, that's all.

------------------