Wing Commander TC Dev Team Recruitment

Hi, My name is Eric Langlois and I'm recruiting for a team that will take the unusual step of creating a massive Total Conversion based in the Wing Commander universe. I have 1 person helping, he's been in contact with me for a long time so I know I can rely on him but we need more people.

Namely, I need graphics and graphic artists that are familiar with Wing Commander and who is reliable.

Someone for descriptions would be good, my friend can take care of the missions (since that's what he signed on for in the first place).

I'm taking care of systems and the various smaller details like ship, outfit and weapon resources, I'll want someone to help with the load by doing the spobs when the systems are done. There are many aspects of EVN that I'm not familiar with, I just downloaded the PC version of EVN today and until now I've only played EVC and a bit of EVO...

As you might have guessed I have a PC, as such, I have to wait until apropriate editors have been released for PC resource editing before I can do much. I can still direct other people in the meantime though and recieve instructions and a bit of tutleage in EVN's capabilities to save time.

If you are interested, please e-mail me at headq_auroris@hotmail.com and we'll see what we can do! The graphics are priority! I already have sounds covered! Contributions (non-monetary, obviously) would be apreciated, you don't have to be a dedicated developer to help in a TC afterall. Ideas, suggestions, send them my way... taxes, fees, send them... I'd rather not get kicked from the boards 😛

Once again, contact me at headq_auroris@hotmail.com if you are interested or reply to this post. Thank you for your time.

Eric Langlois

------------------
Life is a waste of time and time is a waste of life... So get wasted all of the time and have the time of your life!

I think that someone was working on a Wing Commander TC a while back, but I don't know what's going on with that. As for priorities, I suggest that you get the resources done first and use placeholder graphics during development because graphics aren't really all that important in the beginning. It's far more important to get the "meat" of the TC done (or at least sufficiently done that some of the features work) before you even consider the dressing.

Matrix

------------------
"Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool."
(url="http://"http://htf.mondominishows.com/valentine/main.asp?seed=7375&serial;=214877")The funniest valentine I've ever gotten.(/url)

Actually that WC TC from a while ago was me, but after much work, I had decided to wait for the windows version of EVN to come out. The work was not lost, most of it is still intact. (a good 3/4 of the systems, but no spobs, most of the ship resources etc...) It was done for EV but converting them to EVN should be rather easy. I believe I still have all the paperwork that I created along the way for ease of reference. I already intend to use "placeholders" for anything that's missing, no need to worry, I'm not exactly an innexperienced plug ins developer.

What I intended to mean by "priority" was that it's something I can't do, at least not entirely, the rest I can do, given time, ofcourse.

I hope this clarifies a few things.

Eric Langlois

------------------
Life is a waste of time and time is a waste of life... So get wasted all of the time and have the time of your life!

A bit of an update here, someone has applied for outfit creation, so if things go well, the Wing Commander TC will be resumed as soon as possible.

This is also a way to keep this topic on the boards so that I don't have to start a new thread later 😛

Hope to hear from more people soon, I won't put a release date since I have not determined a "due date" for this to be complete, the way I see it, it's not important either since quality takes time to achieve.

------------------