Hypergate Travel Times

Is it possible to change the amount of time it takes to travel through a hypergate in Nova? I checked the Nova Bible but I didn't see anything related to this specifically.

On a related note:

If this is possible, can it be varied by hypergate? (e.g., Hypergate 1 takes three days, Hypergate 2 takes only one day, etc.)

------------------
If most people were to be born twice, they'd improbably call it dying.--- e.e. cummings

It is as impossible for man to demonstrate the existence of God as it would be for even Sherlock Holmes to demonstrate the existence of Arthur Conan Doyle.--- Frederick Buechner

I think the deal with hypergates is that they work instantaneously. But I really don't think you can change the time they take.

------------------
(url="http://"http://3114.spyw.com")26th Century Living(/url) Plug In Development
(url="http://"http://thedecline.mirrorz.com")the.decline:(/url) The dot is back. New version out now!

Hmmm. Most unfortunate. I was hoping to do a Babylon 5-type thing where hypergates are present in nearly every system but take more time to use (thereby giving ships with their own engines an advantage).

Maybe an invisible mission that starts and auto-aborts every time you land on a gate that advances the date by a few days would work.

------------------
If most people were to be born twice, they'd improbably call it dying.--- e.e. cummings

It is as impossible for man to demonstrate the existence of God as it would be for even Sherlock Holmes to demonstrate the existence of Arthur Conan Doyle.--- Frederick Buechner

Originally posted by mkp:
Maybe an invisible mission that starts and auto-aborts every time you land on a gate that advances the date by a few days would work.

Ah yes...I was wondering, now that we are on the topic, is there a way to assign a mission when jumping through a stargate (say...malfunction...) (big, wide, evil grin)

------------------
"The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably the day they start making vacuum cleaners." -- Ernest Jan Plugge

Nope. Unfortunately spöbs do not allow you to do anything like this, nor wormholes. What I have done to achieve a similar effect is make the "gate" a planet, and make an invisible mission move the player with the Mxxx and Nxxx operators. You could also use the absquatulate function (Qxxx) to make the player automatically leave the spöb.

------------------
Eat blazing electric death!

Originally posted by SpacePirate:
**Nope. Unfortunately spöbs do not allow you to do anything like this, nor wormholes. What I have done to achieve a similar effect is make the "gate" a planet, and make an invisible mission move the player with the Mxxx and Nxxx operators. You could also use the absquatulate function (Qxxx) to make the player automatically leave the spöb.

Ooooo....Sounds like a lotta work.

Using this methoud, would you still get the nifty spinning wormhole type effect when requested?

And, you could make all the hypergates belong to a certian unused govt, and have them all Forbidden until you did this mission, which would happify them with you, so you can use them! Haha!

------------------
"The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably the day they start making vacuum cleaners." -- Ernest Jan Plugge

Originally posted by SpacePirate:
**Nope. Unfortunately spöbs do not allow you to do anything like this, nor wormholes. What I have done to achieve a similar effect is make the "gate" a planet, and make an invisible mission move the player with the Mxxx and Nxxx operators. You could also use the absquatulate function (Qxxx) to make the player automatically leave the spöb.

That'll work. Thanks, SpacePirate.

------------------