Stupid Question

Hey

How do you take a 3d model and turn it into a set of sprites?

The only graphics I've done to date were still images, so I never needed to learn this.

I'm trying to animate a space station for SRE (Nova). I have basic quicktime (the kind that comes standard with all macs), Graphics Converter, and Bryce 2 (no animations).

I think I know how to get the spirtes from a quicktime movie, I just don't know how to get the quicktime movie from the Bryce model.

------------------
Under a Republican government, man exploits man.
Under a deomcratic government, however, it's viesa versa.

Originally posted by 21st Century Digital Boy:
**Hey

How do you take a 3d model and turn it into a set of sprites?

The only graphics I've done to date were still images, so I never needed to learn this.

I'm trying to animate a space station for SRE (Nova). I have basic quicktime (the kind that comes standard with all macs), Graphics Converter, and Bryce 2 (no animations).

I think I know how to get the spirtes from a quicktime movie, I just don't know how to get the quicktime movie from the Bryce model.

I read that a couple of times before the shoe dropped. Bryce 2? Blazoned on the cover of Bryce 3d is "It moves!" And, as you have discovered, Bryce 2 does not.

So. Since you can't, generally, export from Bryce, about the only choise is to render 36-plus still images and use something like Moover to turn them into a QuickTime....or just drop the pict files on your sprite generator.

Or you could upgrade. Sorry.

If you aren't wed to those Bryce models, and you are short of cash, it might be a good time to check out one of the various good freeware/shareware packages...like POVray.

------------------
"As a weapon of war it leaves much to be desired; but as a spectacle it takes much beating." -- a General observing the disastrous test of the JATO-assisted "jumping" tank.