Cloak stuff

Is it possible to have a cloaking device affect the acceleration of a ship? I mean when you cloak your ship, is it possible to reduce the acceleration while you are cloaked to represent reducing your emissions or something?

Matrix

------------------
"Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool."

Originally posted by what_is_the_matrix:
**Is it possible to have a cloaking device affect the acceleration of a ship? I mean when you cloak your ship, is it possible to reduce the acceleration while you are cloaked to represent reducing your emissions or something?

Matrix

I don't think so- The ModType 2-4 slots certainly could achieve this effect- but the reduction in acceleration would ~always~ occur- not just when the cloaking device is used. Also, the bible says to not use the ModType 2 for a weapon or ammo, since I'm assuming it would react rather sporadically. In your case, however, I think the reduction wouldn't be concurrent with the activation of the cloaking device. It'd probably be worth a test, though..

_bomb

------------------
I think that you don't see many love stories in EV simply because the engine isn't quite geared towards that. What are you going to do, keep meeting your significant other in a bar (or, with Nova, the Outfitter, Shipyard, or Trade Center) and have questions like "Will you go out on a date with me?" | Yes/No | "Great, pick me up on <DST> in a month and we'll have dinner."?
-EVula

Originally posted by Bomb:
**I don't think so- The ModType 2-4 slots certainly could achieve this effect- but the reduction in acceleration would ~always~ occur- not just when the cloaking device is used. Also, the bible says to not use the ModType 2 for a weapon or ammo, since I'm assuming it would react rather sporadically. In your case, however, I think the reduction wouldn't be concurrent with the activation of the cloaking device. It'd probably be worth a test, though..

_bomb

Hmm... That's what I thought, but I was just hoping that someone had already experimented with it. Thanks.

Matrix

------------------
"Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool."