How can I use EVO ships/weapons in EV?

Does anyone know of a way to use EVO ships/weapons/outfits in EV?

~Ace 🙂

------------------
"There is simply nothing in life more worth doing than kicking ass for money." - J. S. Jordan, Mercenaries Guild

make an ev plug copying all the evo resources (or at least the applicable ones) and (wherever necessary) renumbering to avoid knocking out stuff you want to keep from the original ev. there are some limits to consider, though, such as the max ships limit, which will force you to trim quite a bit. further, you'll have to open each resource and shrink it to the size of the corresponding ev resource, which will mean losing some functionality. in all, it'd probably be easier and better to copy the ev resources to evo

------------------
you want to know if i'm moral enough to join the army, burn women, kids, houses, and villages, after being a litterbug?

What I wanted to do is put the C.C. ships (from EVO's "Secession" plug) into EV. I've played "Frozen Heart" in EVO, and included in the plug package is an EVO to EV converter. You're just supposed to drop the plugs on the converter which makes them into EV plugs. For some reason, this converter doesn't work (or it doesn't for me).

~Ace 🙂

------------------
"There is simply nothing in life more worth doing than kicking ass for money." - J. S. Jordan, Mercenaries Guild

Hey! I have the same kind of question. How do I use Nova weapons in EVO? I would like to use the BioRelay Laser in EVO so much. Its so powerful its cool. If I get that working, I could use other weapons... Multi-Torpedos and mmm.. CPL.

------------------
I am eager to try to ansver mission questions

Originally posted by General Cade Smart:
**Hey! I have the same kind of question. How do I use Nova weapons in EVO? I would like to use the BioRelay Laser in EVO so much. Its so powerful its cool. If I get that working, I could use other weapons... Multi-Torpedos and mmm.. CPL.

I don't think you can... Nova has tons more features than the old EVs. The BioRelay and CPL would have to be just red beams (that were very ugly) and there is no support for sub-munitions so Multi-Torps would be impossible. It might be able to fake them by having 5 torpedo tubes with the 'Weapons Fire Simultaneously' flag checked but apart from that....sorry.

------------------
"Please do not shoot the thermonuclear warhead"