MASCOT Code

Could Aschaaf get the MASCOT code? I think he be able to make a great MASCOT 2. Can a moderator with influence pass a message to the mighty powers which control the code? The doors of creativity are waiting to be opened...

Originally posted by Emperor Ent:
The doors of creativity are waiting to be opened...

To OBW members only, of course 😉

------------------
Most people are swindled into believing stupid things like Santa, the Tooth Fairy, God(s), etc.
They later side with common sense and stop believing in most of them.
Yet most refuse to let go of the ridiculous notion of the existence of God(s).

Even if you have your MASCOT 2 my levels will be done before yours are and I'm one person, you have like 28 and a half back there in your dark little land where magical creatures roam at ease.

PS: Please disregard everything I just said 😉

------------------
Dr. Tall says: Taller is Better

If the code was given me now, I would do a lot of simple improvments, not a complete overhaul.
I have my own apps to work on, and OBW to manage.
The things I would probably would do include:
Cmd-. and Enter support in all dialogs.
A better conversation editor.
Shortcuts for lots of things.
A better way of selecting sprites- the current one is tolerable only after months of practice.

------------------
Most people are swindled into believing stupid things like Santa, the Tooth Fairy, God(s), etc.

Should I start a topic of this on Ambrosia Banter? That way we can get the attention of the ruling class. What do you think?

Originally posted by Emperor Ent:
Should I start a topic of this on Ambrosia Banter? That way we can get the attention of the ruling class. What do you think?

OK.
I'm getting SOOO fed up with the tedious way you have to mass-fill things.

------------------

Mass-fill things? Please explain.

I posted my complaint/suggestion here:
(url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/webboard/Forum1/HTML/000540.html#")http://www.AmbrosiaS...ML/000540.html#(/url)

Please feel free to voice your support.

------------------
Crime? What crime?... That I killed a vile noxious insect, an old pawnbroker woman, of use to no one! ... Killing her was atonement for forty sins. ... (blood) Which all men shed, which flows and has always flowed in streams, which is split like champagne, and for which men are crowned benefactors of mankind.”
-Crime &Punishment;

I still want to know what mass-fill means? Sounds awful like a Bushism to me. I am sorry, I misunderestimate you. 😉

------------------
Crime? What crime?... That I killed a vile noxious insect, an old pawnbroker woman, of use to no one! ... Killing her was atonement for forty sins. ... (blood) Which all men shed, which flows and has always flowed in streams, which is split like champagne, and for which men are crowned benefactors of mankind.”
-Crime &Punishment;

(quote)Originally posted by Emperor Ent:
**I still want to know what mass-fill means? Sounds awful like a Bushism to me. I am sorry, I misunderestimate you.;)
Seriously, I meant the ability to fill in large areas of water (or something else) with only a few clicks. (Select "Mass-Fill", click on the top-left corner of the rect you want to fill, then click on the right-bottom corner.

------------------

Originally posted by aschaaf_86:
**It's a hemispheric feature. That means it deliniates based upon whatever.;)
Seriously, I meant the ability to fill in large areas of water (or something else) with only a few clicks. (Select "Mass-Fill", click on the top-left corner of the rect you want to fill, then click on the right-bottom corner.

What are you talking about?

Are you familiar with the Paint Can in drawing programs, in which you choose a color, and click in a spot? Any area of the same color as the spot you clicked upon is colored as one certain color. Now apply this feature to MASCOT, in which you would click on a spot, and an area would be filled with FG or BG tiles. Otherwise you have to place each tile manually, which is a pain in the donkey.

As for the source code, it has been ruled by Herr Magistrate Ben that the source comes when it seems appropriate for him. If he doesn't release it, that's his decision. I suggest you try him every six months rather than every six weeks.

------------------
MAGNETIC POEM #14.4 (1/3/00)
love is
the searching below
one's tiny expecations