ONE BIG WORLD...

Originally posted by Bob the Mediocre:
**BTW, where is it?

(url="http://"http://www.frontiernet.net/~pschaaf/obw/levels.html")http://www.frontiern...obw/levels.html(/url)

------------------
"Give me a large enough hard drive, a fast enough modem, and I can download the web!"

Originally posted by aschaaf_86:
**Or we could tint the sprite to make him have green robes

Originally posted by me:
**Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! etc.

I did it. It looks pretty cool, but when he gets in a hangglider, it turns green too! We have two answers: Tint the hanglider green. Do complex selection stuff which I refuse to do. Anyone want to try?

Anybody got a name for the habnabit which happens to look like Ferazel but has different taste in clothes?

Mabey we should try blue and red before deciding what color to make him. If anyone cares, I did the tinting in ColorIt with the Levels... filter.

Heh heh, I am making ice levels with a lava pxback∣! Should I have it snow? Maybe I should really mix things up and get my bg tiles from Unemployed in Greenland. And my "filled" tiles from Purple Haze. Does anybody know what the extra BG tileset is for? It doesn't seem to be used. It works fine though, as you can see in "Plummit Summit". Has anybody gotten the Red Xichron under the bridge yet? Don't try to cheat by opening it in the level editor, it won't help you any, unless you change the BG tileset (hint, hint). Whoops! You'll probobaly find out how to get it accidentaly, if at all.

------------------

Attention AVN: The Falcon has landed. I am currently making a real neat Frazzel level. I Just wanted to know. I'll give you a disk on 12/13/00, because they'll be bitmaps.

Polish Falcon? Uh-oh... For everybody except Mike, go to the topic "What the **** is wrong with people these days" on the Just Chat webboard to learn why this guy has such a weird user name.

Mike, I have to go somewhere, so I won't be here to post until 7:45. Too bad.

(Mike is my

Originally posted by me:
...friend, a windows user (bleah!)...

for those who are wondering.)

------------------

(This message has been edited by AVN (edited 12-12-2000).)

(This message has been edited by AVN (edited 12-12-2000).)

My Level is for downward scrolling Fire, so I hope someone finds out how to do it if it already hasn't been figured out. Neat BG and FG tiles. Fly away!!!!!

Originally posted by AVN:
**Has anybody gotten the Red Xichron under the bridge yet? Don't try to cheat by opening it in the level editor, it won't help you any, unless you change the BG tileset (hint, hint). Whoops! You'll probobaly find out how to get it accidentaly, if at all.

I found it. I was thinking of making a whole level that way. Do you think that'd be going overboard? 🙂

------------------
Stupidity got us into this mess, why can't it get us out, too.

I've got an idea for the plot, if nobody minds abandoning the "Teraknorn" universe. We could each be "rulers" of a different place in the world, and Ferazel would visit the(well defended) kingdoms, sometimes making allies, most of the time making enemies. What do you think?

------------------
Stupidity got us into this mess, why can't it get us out, too.

I'd like to have the AOL Disc Shards spell in One Big World (see "First story" in the other Ferazel Board).
I'd like to replace the Ice Crystals spell with it.

Here's a pic:
Posted Image

------------------
"Give me a large enough hard drive, a fast enough modem, and I can download the web!"

(This message has been edited by aschaaf_86 (edited 12-12-2000).)

Originally posted by Bob the Mediocre:
**I've got an idea for the plot, if nobody minds abandoning the "Teraknorn" universe. We could each be "rulers" of a different place in the world, and Ferazel would visit the(well defended) kingdoms, sometimes making allies, most of the time making enemies. What do you think?

I don't like the idea.

------------------

(quote)Originally posted by Bob the Mediocre:
**I found it. I was thinking of making a whole level that way. Do you think that'd be going overboard?:)

------------------

Uh-Oh! Problems, problems, problems! My fire background is doing something to my ice tiles. They're pink! And there are holes in the "fill" tiles! My ice is hurting me! And it's not slippery! Help!

------------------

I have an idea for a storyline. After Ferazel beat Xichra, Ferazel finds that he didn't actually beat Xichra. He finds that she escaped through a passage, and ventured after her. The world takes place in a new world where Xichra is.

------------------
Ferazel Rocks!
Cythera's 'Team Stories' Rock!

Also, aschaaf, you should make an images page with the BG tilemaps and misc. pictures like the AOL shards one.

------------------
Ferazel Rocks!

**Uh-Oh! Problems, problems, problems! My fire background is doing something to my ice tiles. They're pink! And there are holes in the "fill" tiles! My ice is hurting me! And it's not slippery! Help!

Try to enter different numbers in the CLUT fields.
Your ice probably hurts because you copied the lava level. The same tiles used as ice in ice levels tiles would probably be spikes on lava levels.
Enter 0 (I think) in the info field for special tile damage, and a number you want in the special tiles slipperyness field.
Find the field numbers in the guide.

------------------
"This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let큦 not bicker and argue about who killed who."

Originally posted by ferazel_09:
I have an idea for a storyline. After Ferazel beat Xichra, Ferazel finds that he didn't actually beat Xichra. He finds that she escaped through a passage, and ventured after her. The world takes place in a new world where Xichra is.

That sounds fine to me.
I'd also like to have the Lost Mines of Captin Crowley (My mine levels) (See (url="http://"http://www.newertech.com/software/guru/index.html")GURU(/url)'s Glossary entry for "Wait State" to find out where I got the name) worked into the plot.

------------------

Originally posted by aschaaf_86:
**I don't like the idea.

May I ask why not?

------------------
Road man, drivin' like a madman,
Breaking land spped records in the van,
Road man, he don't mind police man,
leaving trail of ripped up citations-Smash Mouth, Road Man

Aschaaf, I don't have any STR#'s in my file. I don't know why, but you have my name down for #20 on the website. I told you you don't have to put that ID in.

------------------

**Aschaaf, I don't have any STR#'s in my file.

Sorry. I'll remove it with the next update.

------------------

About the storyline aschaaf, how about when Ferazel emerges from the tunnel, it's at Captan whoever's lost caverns.

------------------
Ferazel Rocks!

Originally posted by ferazel_09:
**About the storyline aschaaf, how about when Ferazel emerges from the tunnel, it's at Captan whoever's lost caverns.

Possibly, but I don't think the user should have to start with insanley hard levels.

------------------