Ship Help

Ok, this is what i want to do. I want to take a ship from EVO and and put it into EVN. So i have the picture of the ship i want to put in with all 36 images on it. Now i have no idea what to do. Do i need to somehow get these pictures into the rle8 and rled? And if so how? or am i just completely off course. Please Help

------------------
I dont need inteligence pills...because i dont know what they are...but i will put anything into my mouth that is given too me, whether it belongs there or not.

um...thanks?

------------------
I dont need inteligence pills...because i dont know what they are...but i will put anything into my mouth that is given too me, whether it belongs there or not.

nally posted by Melted-OxYgEn:
**Ok, this is what i want to do. I want to take a ship from EVO and and put it into EVN. So i have the picture of the ship i want to put in with all 36 images on it. Now i have no idea what to do. Do i need to somehow get these pictures into the rle8 and rled? And if so how? or am i just completely off course. Please Help

**(/QUOTE)

EnRLE and DeRLE.

------------------
"The best revenge is a life well lived." -My father

Ok. To take a sprite from EVO and put into Nova, you:

1. Copy the pict sprite+mask from EVO, and paste it into a blank Nova plug (In ResEdit)
  2. Change the resource IDs to whatever you want them to be
  3. Make a shän. A shän is like a spďn, except it has more data for ships. Stuff like: glow/light/shield/weapon sprite data, what the sprite can do (animation, bank, etc), and most importantly (for your purposes), exit points for where weapons come from. Enter in your data. WARNING: for EVO sprites, your framesetcount will be 36, and your basesetcount will be 1.
  4. Close ResEdit
  5. Download EnDeRLE from (url="http://"http://homepage.mac.com/dr_ralph/")w00tware(/url)
  6. Drag-and-drop your plug into EnRLE. Go through the steps.
  7. Copy your rle sprites back into plug.
  8. Ta Da, you're done.

Hope this was clear enough for you.

Matrix

------------------
"Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool."

thank you alot matrix. That was much more helpful.

------------------

Ok, guess i need more ship help. Now that ive got the rle of the ship i wanted, i created the shan and the the ship in the ship resource. When i go in game to test it, i bought it and all that shows up is a still picture of a shuttle craft. I dont know what went wrong, any help?

------------------

Originally posted by Melted-OxYgEn:
**Ok, guess i need more ship help. Now that ive got the rle of the ship i wanted, i created the shan and the the ship in the ship resource. When i go in game to test it, i bought it and all that shows up is a still picture of a shuttle craft. I dont know what went wrong, any help?

The resource numbers of the Shan and the Ship have to be the same.

------------------
"Oh my God Joe, its Rand he cleansed the taint, oh my God"- Jared Phillips on the 9th book in the Wheel of Time series.

ARG! These ships are annoying. I got one of them from EVO to work before, but no it isnt cooperating. I wanted another ship and did matrix's steps...but now all it does it make an empty .rle8 and .rleD in the folder of the plug. Why? Sorry for asking so many questions about these ships, but im new.

------------------

Originally posted by Melted-OxYgEn:
**ARG! These ships are annoying. I got one of them from EVO to work before, but no it isnt cooperating. I wanted another ship and did matrix's steps...but now all it does it make an empty .rle8 and .rleD in the folder of the plug. Why? Sorry for asking so many questions about these ships, but im new.

when you make a sprite, Nova uses the original pict sprite's sprite and mask id numbers as references for the .rle8 and .rleD (specifically, which to use). When you make a second sprite, you have to make sure that it doesn't use the same sprite and mask ids as the first, or else you will replace your own .rle8 and .rleD (if you do each ship in a separate plug, you won't receive ResEdit's "do you want to replace existing resource?" warning), and cause problems.

Matrix

------------------
"Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool."