Missing "b" in 1.0.2 Mďsn Test/Set Expressions

Anyone noticed the "b" missing in action in some places. Does it really matter if we use a "b" or not?

Eg1: Mîsn 150, Pickup Mu'Randa; Polaris 1, in the AvailBits field: !(b275 | 512) & !((b511 | b515) | b6666)

Eg2: Mďsn 782, Pickup Mu'Randa; Polaris 1 - Vell-os Refusal, in the AvailBits field: (b4444 & !(b275 | 512)) & !(b511 | b515)

In both cases the "b" is missing from in front of 512. Is the "b" just to help us read the logic better?

------------------
Better clean than dirty

I'm not certain if it affects anything or not, but Slagbah has taken notice and has e-mailed detailed reports to help@ambrosiasw.com which seem to be ignored.

EDIT: (url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/cgi-bin/ubb/postdisplay.cgi?forum=Forum26&topic;=007724")Here it is(/url)

------------------
"The best revenge is a life well lived." -My father

(This message has been edited by P-Psycho (edited 09-13-2002).)

Quote

Originally posted by Clean:
**Anyone noticed the "b" missing in action in some places. Does it really matter if we use a "b" or not?

Eg1: Mîsn 150, Pickup Mu'Randa; Polaris 1, in the AvailBits field: !(b275 | 512) & !((b511 | b515) | b6666)

Eg2: Mďsn 782, Pickup Mu'Randa; Polaris 1 - Vell-os Refusal, in the AvailBits field: (b4444 & !(b275 | 512)) & !(b511 | b515)

In both cases the "b" is missing from in front of 512. Is the "b" just to help us read the logic better?

**

Certainly they mattered to me. I couldn't get Polaris started at all until I stuck the missing bees in. I think all the missing bees have been found now and Slagbah's various fixes deal with them. I favour fixing the Nova Files resources directly. Then you can forget about them.

------------------

Ooh... didn't notice the one in 782. I just updated the 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 patches on my (url="http://"http://home.attbi.com/~slagblah/evn_fixes.html")EVN Quick Fix Page(/url) to include them. There are also a few others scattered about here and there. Some may not have been found yet.

------------------
••• Got a question? Use the (url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/cgi-bin/ubb/search.cgi?action=intro&default;=26")search(/url) feature before you post a new topic. •••
My EV Nova Links: (url="http://"http://home.attbi.com/~slagblah/novafaq.html")EVN Gameplay FAQ(/url) | (url="http://"http://home.attbi.com/~slagblah/evn_fixes.html")EVN Quick Fix Page(/url) | (url="http://"http://home.attbi.com/~slagblah/pilotlog.html")How to make a pilotlog file(/url)

Quote

Originally posted by Slagblah:
**Ooh... didn't notice the one in 782. I just updated the 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 patches on my EVN Quick Fix Page to include them. There are also a few others scattered about here and there. Some may not have been found yet.

**

The link for the Bounty Hunter to Rebel Fix plug doesn't work.

------------------
"The best revenge is a life well lived." -My father

Quote

Originally posted by P-Psycho:
**The link for the Bounty Hunter to Rebel Fix plug doesn't work.
**

That ought to fix it. I abbreviated 'Rebel' in the link, but not the actual file name.

(Oh yeah, thanks for the heads up.)

------------------
••• Got a question? Use the (url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/cgi-bin/ubb/search.cgi?action=intro&default;=26")search(/url) feature before you post a new topic. •••
My EV Nova Links: (url="http://"http://home.attbi.com/~slagblah/novafaq.html")EVN Gameplay FAQ(/url) | (url="http://"http://home.attbi.com/~slagblah/evn_fixes.html")EVN Quick Fix Page(/url) | (url="http://"http://home.attbi.com/~slagblah/pilotlog.html")How to make a pilotlog file(/url)

(This message has been edited by Slagblah (edited 09-13-2002).)

Quote

Originally posted by Slagblah:
**That ought to fix it. I abbreviated 'Rebel' in the link, but not the actual file name.

(Oh yeah, thanks for the heads up.)

**

No problem. Thanks for the fix!

------------------
"The best revenge is a life well lived." -My father

Noted, thank you... 🙂

Cookie @ ATMOS

------------------

Hey Frandall, as long as you're noting things, here's a list of a few other missing 'b's that weren't fixed in 1.0.2.

656, 874, 876

And while we're on the subject, here's a few other things you might want to know about.

  1. The b518 set in Vell-os 001 (128) should probably be done in Vell-os 002 (129) instead. Otherwise it can cause a lock-out if the Auroran string is started (which can be done since b511 isn't set until Vell-os 002).
  2. mďsn ID 280 (Bounty Hunter Rebel Link) is missing a test condition to prevent repeating. You might want to add a '& !b125' to it to correct this.
  3. mďsn ID 875 should probably have a shipGoal of 'DestroyAllShips' and an onShipDone of A875 or it will never complete.
  4. You probably already know about the mďsn 719 issue, but I'll mention it again in case you haven't. It has an 'A719' in the onAccept field and an 'S719' in the onAbort field which leads to an infinite loop.

------------------
••• Got a question? Use the (url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/cgi-bin/ubb/search.cgi?action=intro&default;=26")search(/url) feature before you post a new topic. •••
My EV Nova Links: (url="http://"http://home.attbi.com/~slagblah/novafaq.html")EVN Gameplay FAQ(/url) | (url="http://"http://home.attbi.com/~slagblah/evn_fixes.html")EVN Quick Fix Page(/url) | (url="http://"http://home.attbi.com/~slagblah/pilotlog.html")How to make a pilotlog file(/url)

Quote

Originally posted by Slagblah:
**Hey Frandall, as long as you're noting things, here's a list of a few other missing 'b's that weren't fixed in 1.0.2.

656, 874, 876

And while we're on the subject, here's a few other things you might want to know about.

  1. The b518 set in Vell-os 001 (128) should probably be done in Vell-os 002 (129) instead. Otherwise it can cause a lock-out if the Auroran string is started (which can be done since b511 isn't set until Vell-os 002).
  2. mďsn ID 280 (Bounty Hunter Rebel Link) is missing a test condition to prevent repeating. You might want to add a '& !b125' to it to correct this.
  3. mďsn ID 875 should probably have a shipGoal of 'DestroyAllShips' and an onShipDone of A875 or it will never complete.
  4. You probably already know about the mďsn 719 issue, but I'll mention it again in case you haven't. It has an 'A719' in the onAccept field and an 'S719' in the onAbort field which leads to an infinite loop.**

I actually have 2 and 4 already, but keep passing on the info... 🙂

Cookie @ ATMOS

------------------

Quote

Originally posted by Frandall:
**I actually have 2 and 4 already, but keep passing on the info...:)

Cookie @ ATMOS
**

Just a further note about mďsn 719. I don't know what you've done to fix it, but it seems to be fairly easy to remove the infinite loop while at the same time causing the mission to repeatedly become available on every planetfall. The first version of both MacDevil's and my fix for this issue did that.

On my second pass at fixing the issue, I noticed the mission is marked as both invisible and abortable. This seems a bit strange, since it doesn't seem possible to abort an invisible mission. So what I did in my patch (which you can take a look at on the quick fix page in my sig, if you want) is to clear the 'Can Abort' flag and remove the 'b428' from the onAbort field. This seems to work properly.

Of course, if you've already done this (or something like it) then, never mind.

------------------
••• Got a question? Use the (url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/cgi-bin/ubb/search.cgi?action=intro&default;=26")search(/url) feature before you post a new topic. •••
My EV Nova Links: (url="http://"http://home.attbi.com/~slagblah/novafaq.html")EVN Gameplay FAQ(/url) | (url="http://"http://home.attbi.com/~slagblah/evn_fixes.html")EVN Quick Fix Page(/url) | (url="http://"http://home.attbi.com/~slagblah/pilotlog.html")How to make a pilotlog file(/url)

(This message has been edited by Slagblah (edited 09-16-2002).)

Quote

Originally posted by Slagblah:
**2) mďsn ID 280 (Bounty Hunter Rebel Link) is missing a test condition to prevent repeating. You might want to add a ' & !b125' to it to correct this.
**

It can make the mission available randomly. I was in the middle of the Vell-os string and I got this mission! That was odd. I have pictures to back it up. I have screenshots of all the odd things that I've seen. I should post them...

------------------
"The best revenge is a life well lived." -My father

Quote

Originally posted by P-Psycho:
**It can make the mission available randomly. I was in the middle of the Vell-os string and I got this mission! That was odd. I have pictures to back it up. I have screenshots of all the odd things that I've seen. I should post them...
**

Yes, this seems to be true. As we discussed on the Nova board I have updated the AvailBits in my fix for this mission to: (b8 & !b424) & !(b61 | b125). It seems there is a problem evaluating expressions with more than 2 unparenthesed terms.

(Posted here for Frandall's benefit, and again, if you've already taken this into account then, never mind.)

------------------
••• Got a question? Use the (url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/cgi-bin/ubb/search.cgi?action=intro&default;=26")search(/url) feature before you post a new topic. •••
My EV Nova Links: (url="http://"http://home.attbi.com/~slagblah/novafaq.html")EVN Gameplay FAQ(/url) | (url="http://"http://home.attbi.com/~slagblah/evn_fixes.html")EVN Quick Fix Page(/url) | (url="http://"http://home.attbi.com/~slagblah/pilotlog.html")How to make a pilotlog file(/url)

Log in to reply