plug idea

Me again, with the daily plug idea. One word: airships. Make the background blue, however the heck you guys do that, chuck in some floating cities, and you got the perfect setting for huge magic airships. The name I had was "The Magus Armada." Three factions, the Kejii, Teks, and Bions, each have their own styles of airships, and vie for supremecy of the skies. Well, I'm not focusing at story right now, but you guys seem to be good at dreaming up plotlines, so I'll leave it to the experts. The Kejii have sleek, colorful ships encrusted with magical implements and carvings and such, name after mythic creatures. The Teks have gritty, military styled floating warships. The Bions have organic ships akin to those of the Polaris, but with a much heavier biological emphasis. There's the plug idea of the day :).

------------------
Quote the raven --
CAW!

(This message has been edited by Barzagg (edited 09-04-2002).)

Originally posted by Barzagg:
**Me again, with the daily plug idea. One word: airships. Make the background blue, however the heck you guys do that, chuck in some floating cities, and you got the perfect setting for huge magic airships. The name I had was "The Magus Armada." Three factions, the Kejii, Teks, and Bions, each have their own styles of airships, and vie for supremecy of the skies. Well, I'm not focusing at story right now, but you guys seem to be good at dreaming up plotlines, so I'll leave it to the experts. The Kejii have sleek, colorful ships encrusted with magical implements and carvings and such, name after mythic creatures. The Teks have gritty, military styled floating warships. The Bions have organic ships akin to those of the Polaris, but with a much heavier biological emphasis. There's the plug idea of the day:).

Go for it!

------------------
"The day microsoft makes something that doesn't suck will be the day they make vacuum cleaners." -White Lightning

Hmm, maybe it's just me, but I think the 'blue background as sky/water' gimmick is overused unless you have a great idea to go with it(carribean or WW2). I think the ideas for the races are fine, although maybe you can come up with something mosre original for the organic ship people, but I'd focus on gameplay rather than streching the engine (or at least stretch it in an original way).

------------------
"How many boards would the Mongols hoard if the Mongol hoards got bored."
(url="http://"http://www.EVula.com")why does everybody have an EVula link?(/url)

Originally posted by Veritus Dartarion:
**Hmm, maybe it's just me, but I think the 'blue background as sky/water' gimmick is overused unless you have a great idea to go with it(carribean or WW2). I think the ideas for the races are fine, although maybe you can come up with something mosre original for the organic ship people, but I'd focus on gameplay rather than streching the engine (or at least stretch it in an original way).

Mabe make background all just soft white, and instead pushing the computer to make large clouds inplace of stars, just make soft lines or cloud breaks.

As for the organic ships. check out Starfox adventures for gamecube. I played the japan demo version at the local circuit city for a few minutes. You had to fight a air ship with what seemed to have a giant living dragon/dino like head for most of the front of the ship, which was kinda Frankensteined bolted on to a wooden built ship with big sail wings like that of a bird. Although actualy this may be more suited as a magical ship i guess. ๐Ÿ˜›

------------------
Ecky- ecky- ecky- ecky- pikang- zoop- boing- goodem- zoo- owli- zhiv'
Now lobbest thou thy keyboard towards thy monitor, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.
Rogue Thoughts: reorganizing for a new season near you.

Originally posted by ArcAngel Counterstrike:
**Mabe make background all just soft white, and instead pushing the computer to make large clouds inplace of stars, just make soft lines or cloud breaks.

As for the organic ships. check out Starfox adventures for gamecube. I played the japan demo version at the local circuit city for a few minutes. You had to fight a air ship with what seemed to have a giant living dragon/dino like head for most of the front of the ship, which was kinda Frankensteined bolted on to a wooden built ship with big sail wings like that of a bird. Although actualy this may be more suited as a magical ship i guess. ๐Ÿ˜›

Thank you, ArcAngel, two ideas I never considered. I did see the dragon you're talking about, and I'm looking for somewhat of the same effect. I'd like to see whymsical break from the norm in tc's. I'm going for more of magical rather than technological emphasis in here. The factions don't have to fight, as I'm playing with the idea of initial coexistence until the character comes and screws things up :p. As for the cloud breaks, you're talkin to the wrong person. Editing info is useless to me. I offer ideas, but I can't do plug-ins -- yet. I'll register soon, since Captain Hector just started shooting me. As annoying as this is, she's just doing her job. It's cutting into my planetary domination schedule, however.

------------------
Quote the raven --
CAW!

This could be very interesting. Perhaps instuead of a futuristic sci-fi scenarion, you could have it be more of a fantasy scenario, focusing on magic instead of technology. For example, instead of getting an experimental shield generator for a reward (EVO), you could have a wizzard or mage or someone bless your ship.

------------------
Reciting back thier facts and numbers
that don't make you smart
There's much more to intelligence
And thinking for yourself would be a start -Justin Sane

The old (and not particularly well written) SF book "Tuf Voyaging" has a chapter that involves organic airships. They split water into hydrogen and oxygen to rise up out of the water and eat people. It only takes a few laser shots to set them ablaze, but there are so many...

------------------
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!
(Lies are in your head.)
------------------
The Truthย™- coming soon to a theatre near you.

Hmm, I'd rather pilot Cid's airship from FF7

------------------
Nosumus Fortiolis Quad Volimus
I'm the only guy in the universe that can make horses laugh and cry.