Nova running light question

I was just curious if there was an easy way to convert the running light effect from the polaris dragon to the rebel dragon. Just change the pulsating glow from the pinkish polaris golor to a neon greenish rebel color...? Has anybody done this? If not, if anybody knows how to, can they give me a quick explanation on how to do so? I think this would be a worth while plug in for my favorite ship.

Thanks,
Kuj

------------------

Originally posted by Kuji:
I was just curious if there was an easy way to convert the running light effect from the polaris dragon to the rebel dragon. Just change the pulsating glow from the pinkish polaris golor to a neon greenish rebel color...? Has anybody done this? If not, if anybody knows how to, can they give me a quick explanation on how to do so? I think this would be a worth while plug in for my favorite ship.

I would assume you just set the running light image and mask to whatever the rebels version is set to.

------------------

Originally posted by MadFax7:
**I would assume you just set the running light image and mask to whatever the rebels version is set to.

that's the easy part, I'm not very good with the graphics end of things, changing the color to match the rebel variant would be my main problem...is there a good program that I could easily change this in?

------------------

**that's the easy part, I'm not very good with the graphics end of things, changing the color to match the rebel variant would be my main problem...is there a good program that I could easily change this in?

Do you have photoshop?
take a look at this topic. (url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/webboard/Forum9/HTML/003357.html")http://www.AmbrosiaS...TML/003357.html(/url)

------------------
Ecky- ecky- ecky- ecky- pikang- zoop- boing- goodem- zoo- owli- zhiv'
Now lobbest thou thy keyboard towards thy monitor, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.
Rogue Thoughts: reorganizing for a new season near you.

**that's the easy part, I'm not very good with the graphics end of things, changing the color to match the rebel variant would be my main problem...is there a good program that I could easily change this in?

Oops, I missunderstood the question. I thought you wanted to give the Polaris Dragon the Rebel Dragons running light glow.

(edit) Wait - now I'm totally confused, are you talking about Engine Glows, Weapon Glows, or Running Lights?(/edit)

------------------

(edit)... wait, huh? So you want the Polaris glow changed green to replace the rebel dragon glow? So you want to do is change the pulsing? If so, thats just variables that make the glow blink.
------------------
Now lobbest thou thy keyboard towards thy monitor, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.

(This message has been edited by ArcAngel Counterstrike (edited 09-02-2002).)

Originally posted by ArcAngel Counterstrike:
(edit)... wait, huh? So you want the Polaris glow changed green to replace the rebel dragon glow? So you want to do is change the pulsing? If so, thats just variables that make the glow blink.

I didn't realize that there was a running light glow on the rebel dragon, I'm going to check the files again... I was pretty sure that there was no glow on the rebel dragon... If it is as easy as changing a setting that would make my job easy.. thanks.

------------------

**I didn't realize that there was a running light glow on the rebel dragon, I'm going to check the files again... I was pretty sure that there was no glow on the rebel dragon... If it is as easy as changing a setting that would make my job easy.. thanks.

The glowing lights on all of the Polaris ships are running lights, set to pulsate. (They're also reffered to as "running lights", since glow implies the engine glow.)

------------------

Originally posted by MadFax7:
**The glowing lights on all of the Polaris ships are running lights, set to pulsate. (They're also reffered to as "running lights", since glow implies the engine glow.)

The confusion is that he thought the rebel dragons had no running lights since they did not blink or pulse, they where just lighting like that on the Auroran cruisers spinning drum.

For Kuji. Look for BlinkMode in the rebel dragons Shรคn in novatools.
Set it to Triangle Wave (2)
A: 10
B: 75
๐Ÿ˜„ 32
๐Ÿ˜ง 75
Now the rebel dragon lights should pulse like the Polaris version.

------------------

**The confusion is that he thought the rebel dragons had no running lights since they did not blink or pulse, they where just lighting like that on the Auroran cruisers spinning drum.

For Kuji. Look for BlinkMode in the rebel dragons Shรคn in novatools.
Set it to Triangle Wave (2)
A: 10
B: 75
๐Ÿ˜„ 32
๐Ÿ˜ง 75
Now the rebel dragon lights should pulse like the Polaris version.

yeah, my mistake, thanks for the info, I'm on it.

------------------

The confusion is that he thought the rebel dragons had no running lights since they did not blink or pulse, they where just lighting like that on the Auroran cruisers spinning drum.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. I feel better now. ๐Ÿ˜‰

------------------

The Polaris "running lights" remind me that they use living organic armor (which regenerates), in comparison to that of the rebel dragon (which doesn't regenerate).

Though, that pulsating glow would look cool on the Rebel Dragon anyways.

(This message has been edited by Starfish (edited 09-03-2002).)

Originally posted by Starfish:
**The Polaris "running lights" remind me that they use living organic armor (which regenerates), in comparison to that of the rebel dragon (which doesn't regenerate).

Though, that pulsating glow would look cool on the Rebel Dragon anyways.

(This message has been edited by Starfish (edited 09-03-2002).)**

That's what I figured. Although I haven't got it to work just yet. Not sure why, and I haven't spent much time with it besides trying to change the shan info. But I did notice that the running light graphics for the polaris dragon is much more in depth and the rebel dragon might look funny if it blinked...

------------------

**That's what I figured. Although I haven't got it to work just yet. Not sure why, and I haven't spent much time with it besides trying to change the shan info. But I did notice that the running light graphics for the polaris dragon is much more in depth and the rebel dragon might look funny if it blinked...

Oh ya, be sure to change the shans in Nova Ships 7 also, all the varients need to be changed too.

------------------

**Oh ya, be sure to change the shans in Nova Ships 7 also, all the varients need to be changed too.

Yep, that did the trick. Thanks for all your help AAC.

------------------