Nodes of Questions

Could anyone give me some info on nodes and more importantly the info placed in the exits? This is really inhibiting my new levels, ie. I can't get to them. 🙂

------------------
Crime? What crime?... That I killed a vile noxious insect, an old pawnbroker woman, of use to no one! ... Killing her was atonement for forty sins. ... (blood) Which all men shed, which flows and has always flowed in streams, which is split like champagne, and for which men are crowned benefactors of mankind.”
-Crime &Punishment;

Once again the kind Dr Tall to the rescue of a needy brother. 😉 Your first node must be numbered the same as the first level number of your world data information. This is most likely 1. Then that node has a level flag, 4 link flags, a type flag, and a valid flag. The level flag is number of the level itself the node ID and the level ID do not need to be the same but it helps a lot ;). The type flag is either 0 for normal, 1 for smoking skull (a boss) and 2-? for loads of glitches. The valid flag is 1 for existant or anything else for deletion of that node. The link flags are tricker. Use a pattern for them always. First type into the first field the ID of the level that comes before it. The second field should be any other level that links to it or the first level it link out to. The third and fourth fields are the same way. You must make a two way path between nodes unless you want a point of no return idea. Now to connect your level to the right level after it, instert the numerical ID of the level you want to jump to (ie 1-4, the same as the link flag is) So to go backwards type 0. Forwards is 1. And the third and fourth links are 2 and 3 respectively. A value of -1 will make Ferazel stay in the same level. (ie mission accomplished but wrong exit) I hope that helps out the great community of Ferazel's Wand 😉

------------------
Dr. Tall says: Taller is Better

I am still stuck big time. Could I send my file to some Master of Nodes? All interested Masters please raise your hand.

I can try to fix it, nodes arn't that hard 🙂 email me at (url="http://"mailto:will@obatik.com")mailto:will@obatik.com(/url)will@obatik.com

How could you not understand that explanation of nodes? It was clear concise and very very short. I mean you could scan it in 10 seconds and pick up all the information. 😉 I know, nodes are most easily understood by trial and error.

------------------
Dr. Tall says: Taller is Better