Umm.. a little question

How are the Picts linked to outfs and stuff? I have The Docks, and it links the Picts to ships, but I need something to link the outfs. Is there some special code?

------------------
Good Idea: Attacking Pirates.
Bad Idea: Attacking ME.

Originally posted by Teflon Jaguar:
**How are the Picts linked to outfs and stuff? I have The Docks, and it links the Picts to ships, but I need something to link the outfs. Is there some special code?

Use ResEdit. oütfs are linked to picts by their ID numbers. Which game are you talking about: EVC, EVO, or EVN?

------------------
"The day microsoft makes something that doesn't suck will be the day they make vacuum cleaners." -White Lightning

Generally, I just call EVC EV. EVC can confuse people who are new to these boards and don't know that it stands for Escape Velocity Classic aka EV. It certianly confused me at first.

And, like P-Psyco said, the Pict ID numbers determines that. The rest of what you need to know should be in the respective bible for whatever game you're using. And, if all else fails, you can hack into the game files and figure out what range of IDs is dedicated to outfits.

It would be something like PICT ID 5000 + (outfit ID - 128).

And, in the future, it would be a good idea to specify which game you're talking about. That way, you'd already have your answer.

------------------
Cuz I'm a 21st Century Digital Boy
I don't know the Monty Python but I've got a lotta toys
My daddy is a Renegade, his name is Hellcat Helian
Wait a second...

Originally posted by 21st Century Digital Boy:
**Generally, I just call EVC EV. EVC can confuse people who are new to these boards and don't know that it stands for Escape Velocity Classic aka EV. It certianly confused me at first.

And, like P-Psyco said, the Pict ID numbers determines that. The rest of what you need to know should be in the respective bible for whatever game you're using. And, if all else fails, you can hack into the game files and figure out what range of IDs is dedicated to outfits.

It would be something like PICT ID 5000 + (outfit ID - 128).

And, in the future, it would be a good idea to specify which game you're talking about. That way, you'd already have your answer.

Sorry. :rolleyes: I was talking about EVO.

------------------
Good Idea: Attacking Pirates.
Bad Idea: Attacking ME.