Yet another plugin idea

It would be pretty cool if you could make all the ships in evn 3d and have it that you are in the cockpit instead of a top down view like in x-wing

------------------
I'm desperately trying to
figure out why
kamikaze pilots wore
helmets.

Originally posted by CurryMuncher:
**It would be pretty cool if you could make all the ships in evn 3d and have it that you are in the cockpit instead of a top down view like in x-wing

That would require modification of the game engine, and is hence not possible in a plugin. It has been discussed very frequently that there will not be a 3D Escape Velocity game. I would not recommend asking again for risk of being karmaslapped. Plugins can NOT alter the way the game plays, in any way or how the game works. The only thing a plugin can do is to modify the scenario (ships, systems, missions, etc.).

------------------
I am mormon. I am mormon by choice.
If you have any questions about the LDS religion, go (url="http://"http://www.mormon.org/")here(/url).

Originally posted by P-Psycho:
**That would require modification of the game engine, and is hence not possible in a plugin. It has been discussed very frequently that there will not be a 3D Escape Velocity game. I would not recommend asking again for risk of being karmaslapped. Plugins can NOT alter the way the game plays, in any way or how the game works. The only thing a plugin can do is to modify the scenario (ships, systems, missions, etc.).

sorry

------------------
I'm desperately trying to
figure out why
kamikaze pilots wore
helmets.

Originally posted by CurryMuncher:
**sorry

I am not trying to be mean; I am merely trying to inform you so you aren't flamed by others. If you have any other questions about what a plugin can and can't do, why don't you just ask here in this topic? Okay?

------------------
"The day microsoft makes something that doesn't suck will be the day they make vacuum cleaners." -White Lightning

Personally, I think having EV/EVO/EVN sprite-based is much cooler than having a cockpit view. I think it would be boring to just fly around in a cockpit and shoot stuff. The EV series is different and refreshing partly because of the sprite-based graphics.

------------------
Shnobe.

Here's something else to think of. Those people who make the TCs would be severely restricted in what they could do. I think I saw that someone was making a Drastic use of the 'Nova engine. I did not see the entire picture, but it seemed to imply a Sea based game instead of space (replace space with water and planets with mainland and islands.

If the game was a shooter, I don't think you would get that kind of complete change. Now that I think of it, does anyone know if anyone has tried a WWII TC? Instead of flying starships, you would fly Fighter planes or Bombers. 🙂

------------------
Power corrupts. Absolute power is kind of neat.
--John Lehman,US secretary of the navy

Originally posted by Vast Deathmaster:
**Now that I think of it, does anyone know if anyone has tried a WWII TC? Instead of flying starships, you would fly Fighter planes or Bombers.:)

It would be difficult to make the ground based effects. Far more difficult than water. Water is just blue, whereas ground is many different textures and colors.

------------------
"The day microsoft makes something that doesn't suck will be the day they make vacuum cleaners." -White Lightning

There is a world war II tc listed in the upcoming plugs at ev-nova.net.

------------------
Formerely Mac Emu (no, I'm not just putting this so I can say I've been here longer than you, that's only part of it).
Headline news: The Yoda Story "Addicted to drugs, I was"
evn: Invasion coming soon. Search for topic EVN: Invasion Plug for more info

Originally posted by P-Psycho:
**It would be difficult to make the ground based effects. Far more difficult than water. Water is just blue, whereas ground is many different textures and colors.

There is a TC for EVO that takes place during WWII. It's decent, I think it's called Overboard or something.

Matrix

------------------
"Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool."

I said it would be difficult, not impossible.

------------------

I think the plug I mentioned is close to being finished. Maybe we will be able to use some of the data/resources when the plug is released

------------------
Formerely Mac Emu (no, I'm not just putting this so I can say I've been here longer than you, that's only part of it).
Headline news: The Yoda Story "Addicted to drugs, I was"
evn: Invasion coming soon. Search for topic EVN: Invasion Plug for more info