The Ages Trilogy

Originally posted by what_is_the_matrix:
**Actually, the actual black hole will be invisible (hence the name), but their locations can be deduced by the way they affect surrounding space. So you can have a black hole pulling material off a star in an acretion (or however you spell it) disk.

Matrix

That certainly would make an interesting spob design. We'll probably include that. Thank you for the suggestion.

------------------
It's hard to enlighten someone who's brain doesn't have an "on" switch.

Well, it's been a while. The (url="http://"http://www.ev-nova.net/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=383&forum;=7&14")Progress Log(/url) has recently been updated, and we're doing more work on the mission strings. Also, here's some more eye candy for y'all, compliments of BariSaXGuy5:
(censored)
The Light Blaster, Single Swivel Mount

(censored)
The Light Blaster, Dual Swivel Mount

Thanks for the tip, Matrix. I'd never thought of using an accretion disk instead of just a big black blob.

Have a good weekend.

------------------
“You’re only given a little spark of madness. You mustn’t lose it.”
-- Robin Williams

(This message has been edited by spacecowboy (edited 07-06-2002).)
(NOTE: sorry, folks, but the pictures were too big, and besides, I couldn't give away the whole thing...)

(This message has been edited by spacecowboy (edited 08-03-2002).)

First, I need to apologize for double-posting. But, it's been the best part of a month, so I figure I'm safe.
We're making a little progress with mission strings and are adding in more systems. We've also downloaded LunarCell and made lots of progress on planets. On top of that, I've finished the planet description for Earth:

As you enter the starport, you hear a quiet, pleasing voice through the Interstellar G.I. Net announcing:

"Earth. More is contained in that one short word than in all of the grand speeches ever made. Just a moment ago, in the History of the Universe, did Humanity emerge from its protective shell of the Earth's atmosphere and metamorphose into its latest form.

Earth is, of course, the leading tourist planet for Settlers, and even more so for those Men and Women Without a Home, the Spacers, to whom Earth is almost a religion. However, since the rise of the U.T.L.C., tourist traffic has vastly decreased due to the strict security regulations deemed necessary by the Government. But for those lucky enough to make it through all the red tape, a trip to the Homeworld is something they will never forget.

Most of Earth's cities have become living museums, converted to their forms of many centuries ago. This is one benefit of a powerful, centralized government, as nothing else would be able to pass the kinds of legislation necessary to make this possible "

Although you know there is more to this entry, the polite but infinitely annoying U.T.L.C. G.I. Net voice overrides the ISGI, cutting off the rest:

"As official representatives of the Confederacy, we here at New York's Grand Central Station, which was once a depot for railroad trains, sincerely hope you enjoy your stay here on Earth, the Homeworld of Humanity. A uniformed immigration officer will be assisting you shortly."

Just hope it's short enough to fit. 😉 Nick (aka BariSaxGuy5) has also finally gotten back online after a period of ISP and Strata trouble; he rendered the Hellstriker (the Hell's Angels fighter) a little while ago, and is working on the main Jovian vessel, the Wildfire Patrolship. Well, that's all for now. If you got any questions/comments/complaints, feel free to post 'em.

------------------
-- Robin Williams

GL on your Plug's so far they look good! i look forward to playing them.

------------------

learn to make peple fear and you control them......

Thanks, iAqua. BTW, if anybody is interested in the beta testing of this plug later on, just post here. I check this board every day or two, so I'll get back to you pretty quickly. Now for the update

Alright, Nick's been back to work on the ships, and has gotten several more done. The startup battery on my iMac has gone dead, and has quite possibly taken 200+ worlds that I made through LunarCell with it. This could be a minor setback. Fortunately, however, I got my writing copied over to my iBook beforehand, and so I have been able to progress on the Hell's Angels storyline; I've gotten it between one-quarter and one-half done: getting ready to finish the tenth mission shortly. QT hasn't been able to do too much, as the Summer semester at CFCC is finishing up, so his only excuse for staying up all night and eating pizza and ice cream is finals. 😉

As my good friend, Porky, would say, "Th-th-th-tha-tha-tha-that's all, folks." At least for now
Have a good week.

------------------
-- Robin Williams