Talk to me, Pigdor!

There are two races (Well, there are more but they are not relevent to this question) in my plug in that are having trouble. The Sangeans act normaly, and there hailquotes and conversation are normal.
The other race, the Pigdor, refuse to use their own quotes. Insteed, they also use Sangea's quotes, or no quotes.

This is very bad, since all the Pigdor vessels I hail just say 'Greetings', and their fleets say things that sound stupid coming from them like 'The Pigdor will be eradicated' or 'Long live Sangea' stuff.

------------------

Rebellion without truth is like spring in a bleak, arid desert.

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Originally posted by Obsidian:
**There are two races (Well, there are more but they are not relevent to this question) in my plug in that are having trouble. The Sangeans act normaly, and there hailquotes and conversation are normal.
The other race, the Pigdor, refuse to use their own quotes. Insteed, they also use Sangea's quotes, or no quotes.

This is very bad, since all the Pigdor vessels I hail just say 'Greetings', and their fleets say things that sound stupid coming from them like 'The Pigdor will be eradicated' or 'Long live Sangea' stuff.

Check out your resources. It's possible that you simply have the quote field pointing at the wrong quote set. It's also possible that you copied the Sangea's quotes to a new id for use for the Pigdor and forgot to change them. Good luck!

Matrix

------------------
"Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool."

I was going to suggest that too. If that is still a problem, then list the ID numbers of the STR# here on this post and we will probably spot out the problem quick. However, it also helps to tell us which EV you have. EVC, EVO, or EVN. Every STR# Quotes from each of those games have entirely differnt ID# I think.

The following I am about to say is assuming that you are working with EVO, so everything I say here, all pertains to EVO.

If you are using expansion ID's for quotes in EVO, I think the first slot for quotes available would be 7049 I could be wrong but let's just say that it's right for now. Keep in mind that reserved numbers for quotes must correspond to the govt resources. So if you have a govt in the first expansion available ID#(which would be #177), then you must use the quote ID# 7049.

If you have a govt in the second exansion available ID#(which would be #178), then you must use the quote ID#7050. If you decide to make the first government in the expansion range silent but the next one after that not silent, you must leave a gap in the quote IDs, otherwise you will have the govts using the wrong quotes.

I hope you can understand this from what I just said. It also helps to try to study the EVO bible too, and download the EVO Calculation so you know which ID numbers you need to use for the corresponding stuff.

------------------
Nosumus Fortiolis Quad Volimus

I found it, I had the quote STR# for the Pigdor fleets set to the Sangean hailquotes.
The other matter of the Pigdor not using their own quotes for conversation seems to have fixed itself on its own.

------------------
"Why do these candles say T-N-T?" - (famous last words 104)

Where do you want to (url="http://"http://www.macclassics.com/cythera/tricks/rJade.htm")teleport(/url) today?