A few questions

1. I was messing around with resedit and I found out that the Planet picts are actually 1 frame spins. Is it possible to make a rotating planet using more frames?

2. I am trying to make a new misn where you pick up some beer after raiding a fed planet and everything works except that in my pilot information and down in the status bar thingy it doesn't show anything. I did everything i was supposed to from copying the STR# resource over from nova files and adding in a new feild and inserting 'beer' into the 3 STR# resources. (ALL cargo, LC Cargo, and Abbrev. Cargo). My feild number is 79 and i have that in the cargo feild under my misn. I was just wondering if that is all you have to do. Thanks in advance.

------------------

Originally posted by Lumpy the Elf:
**1. I was messing around with resedit and I found out that the Planet picts are actually 1 frame spins. Is it possible to make a rotating planet using more frames?

In Nova, yes (look at the wormholes and jumpgates). In EV/EVO, no.

Matrix

------------------
"Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool."

2. I am trying to make a new misn where you pick up some beer after raiding a fed planet and everything works except that in my pilot information and down in the status bar thingy it doesn't show anything. I did everything i was supposed to from copying the STR# resource over from nova files and adding in a new feild and inserting 'beer' into the 3 STR# resources. (ALL cargo, LC Cargo, and Abbrev. Cargo). My feild number is 79 and i have that in the cargo feild under my misn. I was just wondering if that is all you have to do. Thanks in advance.

You alo have to put the index number in the mďsn ressource. Or s it index + 128? Something like that.

------------------
The answer to the question is, obviously, 42!

Originally posted by Denb:
**You alo have to put the index number in the mďsn ressource. Or s it index + 128? Something like that.

So in the bottom left corner of the misn resources where it says your cargo type and quanity etc... you have to put the Idx number of what you want to appear in that feild? becuase i was doing RID's.

Oh and i was looking through the other Misn's included with Nova and here is an example of what i found.

Misn 312- Insert Bureua Agents. I opened that misn (not correct resource number) and the cargo down at the bottom said 19 (I supposed that would be a bureau agent), but when i opened the cargo STR# resources, the 20th field was bureau agent and 19 was something like Made by Helen or something.

------------------

**So in the bottom left corner of the misn resources where it says your cargo type and quanity etc... you have to put the Idx number of what you want to appear in that feild? becuase i was doing RID's.

Oh and i was looking through the other Misn's included with Nova and here is an example of what i found.

Misn 312- Insert Bureua Agents. I opened that misn (not correct resource number) and the cargo down at the bottom said 19 (I supposed that would be a bureau agent), but when i opened the cargo STR# resources, the 20th field was bureau agent and 19 was something like Made by Helen or something.

Welcome to index numbers. 🙂 Both are correct. If there are, say, ten items indexed as 1 thru 10, the resource numbers will be 0 thru 9 (or, more likely, 128 thru 137....)

------------------
"I know the stranger's name."
Turandot