What on Earth is wrong with my dude???

I have been working on a plugin that adds extra missions at the end of each story (the same one I requested Beta testers for earlier, this is the last thing I must fix before I release it to beta). I have been adding dudes just fine until I got to dude ID 278. For some reason, only ships that do not have the 5A flag set appear. It had ships from all three major govts as well as wraith adults. However, when I went to the system the dude appears in, only the wraiths were there. When I removed the wraiths from the dude, no ships showed up. I know it is the dude ID# because I tried to give a dude that I knew worked that ID# and it had the same problem. What gives?

------------------
I do not smirk. But if I did, this would be an excellent opportunity to do so.

Scratch the above post. It is not the ID#. I just changed the ID to a lower one. I have no idea what is wrong. Can you not have mental and physical ships in the same dude?

------------------

Originally posted by MacDevil:
**Scratch the above post. It is not the ID#. I just changed the ID to a lower one. I have no idea what is wrong. Can you not have mental and physical ships in the same dude?

If the disappearing ships are capital ships, there's a very simple explanation for it. Most (if not all) capital ships have a ncb set that causes them not to appear after completion of some of the major storylines (maybe all of them).

Namely, b333 stops Auroran and Federation, b332 stops Rebellion

So, you need to have your first mission clear bits 333 and 332 to get all the capital ships to reappear, or create duplicate resources for each of the ships in your düde that do not have this field.

The Polaris are harder to deal with, since various Polaris ships have different expressions in that place in the shďp resource. Rather than figuring out the bit-order, I suggest going with the duplicate resource path, even if it isn't very file-size-efficient.

------------------
Attn: Moderators, Administrators, etc.
If you wish to modify this post, please delete it instead.
Thanks.

Thanks!

I tried that and it worked. You rock man!

------------------

It is the düde number. For some reason there is a problem with higher düde numbers, but only in the AuxShipDude field, not in the ShipDude field. I discovered this in trying to make a plug that added missions and a lot of new düdes for them. I reported the problem to ambrosia help, but I don't know what is being or can be done about it.

Create some high number düdes, in the 300's. When you get a mission which calls for the one of the new dudes, quit Nova, restart Nova, and quit again. Check the auxilliary ship dude in the pilotlog, and you will find that the dude number is not the one specified in the AuxShipDude field of the mission.

------------------